‘Gender-equal’ snow removal left Stockholm paralyzed

As a Swedish citizen living in Stockholm, I can only attest to the truth about this.

The police informed the politicians on how dangerous it is to not prioritize the roads so e.g for ambulances and fire trucks can reach their destination.
social justice is more important than dumb shit like ambulances

Would be fun to see men go on a national strike for a week. Just let women deal with it all for a week. Wonder how that would turn out.

lmao, it would be hilarious. Everything is built and maintained by men.

Say goodbye to:

• roads
  • electricity
  • running water and sewage disposal
  • food
  • product transportation
  • flight
  • rail travel
That is a tiny list. It would be like The Walking Dead.

A few weeks ago a tree fell and knocked down a power pole a few hundred yards from my house. It was 2 in the morning. Within minutes police and fire secured the scene and minutes later PG&E had four trucks and 6 men with chainsaws. Within 30 minutes the tree was cut up and removed and a crane truck started working on pounding in a new pole. 8 hours after the tree fell power was back on. Not a single woman had anything to do with fixing all that shit. All men.

And nobody bothers to think about it.

Think you may like this one guys lol.

So in short, Sweden representatives and feminist orgs considered the snow removal policy 'sexist' because the roads were done in priority.

They started from the observation that women use pavements and bicycle paths more often, while men mostly take the main avenues (because they drive cars). The new snow removal policy therefore consists of first clearing the pavements and ending with roads.

Daniel Helldén, a Green Party member stated : “There is a lack of gender equal snow-clearing now, according to the reports I’m getting,” he said. “It’s still difficult to walk on the pavements — and it is important that snow-clearing prioritizes walkways, public transport and cycle paths.”

So then, guess what happened ? <43>

In early November, the new 'gender equal' policy was put to the test by the first major snowfalls in the Swedish capital. The cars were blocked on the road for hours, schools were closed for lack of bus in circulation, inhabitants called to stay at home.

Buses (also, it turns out, heavily used by women) were stuck by the hundreds on roads blocked by stalled cars. Light rail trains moved at half speed, forcing stranded commuters to walk for hours to get home from work, slipping and falling on glasslike sidewalks and bike paths.

http://www.lemonde.fr/m-perso/artic...t-un-deneigement-sexiste_5042568_4497916.html
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/gender-equal-snow-removal-procedures-left-stockholm-paralyzed

gender-equal-snow-clearing-sweden-yes_o_7015621.jpg

images

Femmefatale_0af496_5379252.jpg

lmao, it would be hilarious. Everything is built and maintained by men.

Say goodbye to:

• roads
  • electricity
  • running water and sewage disposal
  • food
  • product transportation
  • flight
  • rail travel
That is a tiny list. It would be like The Walking Dead.

A few weeks ago a tree fell and knocked down a power pole a few hundred yards from my house. It was 2 in the morning. Within minutes police and fire secured the scene and minutes later PG&E had four trucks and 6 men with chainsaws. Within 30 minutes the tree was cut up and removed and a crane truck started working on pounding in a new pole. 8 hours after the tree fell power was back on. Not a single woman had anything to do with fixing all that shit. All men.

And nobody bothers to think about it.

You may appreciate this article written by Camille Paglia:

It’s a Man’s World, and It Always Will Be

... Indeed, men are absolutely indispensable right now, invisible as it is to most feminists, who seem blind to the infrastructure that makes their own work lives possible. It is overwhelmingly men who do the dirty, dangerous work of building roads, pouring concrete, laying bricks, tarring roofs, hanging electric wires, excavating natural gas and sewage lines, cutting and clearing trees, and bulldozing the landscape for housing developments. It is men who heft and weld the giant steel beams that frame our office buildings, and it is men who do the hair-raising work of insetting and sealing the finely tempered plate-glass windows of skyscrapers 50 stories tall.

Why are those bike paths not turned into ski paths?
37ea7d42fb14ee8eb7299c2ecd76891a.jpg

Some feminists will stick to their guns with the whole women can do everything men can do thing....more often than not with disastrous results.

The thing I do like about Sweden, and I suppose Scandinavia as a whole, is their willingness to try random shit. Right now they've got a bad case of Marxist fever but I assume that won't last forever. The government's willingness to be very reactive and open to try things until they find the best way, that's really good if harnessed properly.
I think they had it figured out pretty well about 30-40 years ago or so. It's devolved into a cultural Marxist police state since then, though.

Stockholm has always been surprisingly bad at removing snow, consistently being ridiculed for it by the rest of the country, and that idea only made it that much worse. What kind of morons couldn't realize how much of the infrastructure depends on the roads?

The real news has gotten more ridiculous that any fake news these satire websites ever came out with.

Sweden is now the rape capital of Europe and coincidentally happens to be the biggest importer of refugees per capita. Yet top of the list on the feminist agenda is sexist snow hahaha

Hilarious how uneducated people want to stay uneducated and still haven't caught on to why the rape statistics look as they do. It's not like it's hard to find out. I'm certainly not taking the presence of any such crime lightly, it's always a problem, but despite that it's fun to see how the ignorant think.

I think they had it figured out pretty well about 30-40 years ago or so. It's devolved into a cultural Marxist police state since then, though.

lol, we've gone far more to the right since the time you're talking about.

Don't even bother man. I had a discussion with a forum member here that told me he would not feel safe in Sweden but admittedly carried a gun everywhere because he lived in a "war zone" (in the us). They get their information from far right propaganda sites and build there world view from that.

On economics yes, but the social justice left is a lot worse on social issues and societal issues than the more libertarian left that came out of the 60s. Extreme feminism and immigration is not working.

Don't even bother man. I had a discussion with a forum member here that told me he would not feel safe in Sweden but admittedly carried a gun everywhere because he lived in a "war zone" (in the us). They get their information from far right propaganda sites and build there world view from that.
That's not even what I'm talking about. I liked the "new left" of the 60s. They helped expand freedom. The new left we have now wants to restrict it. There's a fundamental difference. If today's leftists were more like that generation, I would still proudly call myself a liberal. Since I value freedom and reason, I've become more libertarian in my beliefs.

On economics yes, but the social justice left is a lot worse on social issues and societal issues than the more libertarian left that came out of the 60s. Extreme feminism and immigration is not working.

No, it's on far more than economics. The social issues are definitely dealt with in more of a right fashion, and what's different about immigration is that there's a far larger crisis than anything from that time as Sweden has been standout in being immigrant friendly for a very long time. If anything we have harder border controls now than then (although that came due to the current large stream of asylum seekers rather than through a slow move to the right). You must be reading some pretty skewed reports.

No, it's on far more than economics. The social issues are definitely dealt with in more of a right fashion, and what's different about immigration is that there's a far larger crisis than anything from that time as Sweden has been standout in being immigrant friendly for a very long time. If anything we have harder border controls now than then (although that came due to the current large stream of asylum seekers rather than through a slow move to the right). You must be reading some pretty skewed reports.
I never really said anything about left or right to begin with. I simply said I thought they had it figured out more back then. I like actual liberalism. I dislike the social justice left. I dislike the far right and social conservatism as well. The free speech movement and similar things used to come out of the left in the 60s. Now they want to restrict speech. The difference is noticeable. And you've got the right wing equivalent now as a reaction. I don't like either side.

I never really said anything about left or right to begin with. I simply said I thought they had it figured out more back then. I like actual liberalism. I dislike the social justice left. I dislike the far right and social conservatism as well. The free speech movement and similar things used to come out of the left in the 60s. Now they want to restrict speech. The difference is noticeable. And you've got the right wing equivalent now as a reaction. I don't like either side.

Marxism is strongly to the left, so that was very clearly implied in your post and it's simpler to just refer to that as a broad argument without having go into all the details. Sweden had more to do with Marxism during the time you praise than it does now, although neither time is of course well described by it as that's not what Sweden has ever really been.

I'm not sure what kind of restrictions of free speech that you're referring to. Clearly not the law of freedom of speech, which would be simple to analyze (and it's the only real way to restrict speech), and since language is always put under rules of what is socially acceptable (it has been as long as human civilisation has existed) I don't know how that would stand out.

Marxism is strongly to the left, so that was very clearly implied in your post and it's simpler to just refer to that as a broad argument without having go into all the details. Sweden had more to do with Marxism during the time you praise than it does now, although neither time is of course well described by it as that's not what Sweden has ever really been.

I'm not sure what kind of restrictions of free speech that you're referring to. Clearly not the law of freedom of speech, which would be simple to analyze (and it's the only real way to restrict speech), and since language is always put under rules of what is socially acceptable (it has been as long as human civilisation has existed) I don't know how that would stand out.
There's a big difference between traditional Marxism (economics) and cultural Marxism (playing out the class struggle through privileged and oppressed groups instead). Look, I feel like we're sort of exhausting ourselves here, but my bottom line is I felt societal freedom was expanding at one point and now it seems like it's decreasing in many ways. It's not just legal, it's social, it's whatever. I have my take, you have yours. Fair enough.

Back