‘Comfort Women’ Agreement FINALLY Reached Between Japan and South Korea

What is the difference between the "comfort women" and the "western princesses"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostitutes_in_South_Korea_for_the_U.S._military

Kinda hypocritical of them

Off topic:

Also, this thread reminded me. I was watching Black Rain not too long ago. The movie with Michael Douglas vs Yakuza. I was really liking the villain Sato in the film. I looked up the actor. Apparently he is the offspring of a comfort woman, and a Japanese military personnel or Kempetai. His japanese father though died in WW2, and he never got to meet the man. Also he was dying of cancer while filming the movie, and died the same year it released.

Just a little movie trivia in there.

What is the difference between the "comfort women" and the "western princesses"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostitutes_in_South_Korea_for_the_U.S._military

Kinda hypocritical of them

Off topic:

Also, this thread reminded me. I was watching Black Rain not too long ago. The movie with Michael Douglas vs Yakuza. I was really liking the villain Sato in the film. I looked up the actor. Apparently he is the offspring of a comfort woman, and a Japanese military personnel or Kempetai. His japanese father though died in WW2, and he never got to meet the man. Also he was dying of cancer while filming the movie, and died the same year it released.

Just a little movie trivia in there.

I think "comfort women" are forced sex slaves and "western princesses" are merely prostitutes.

Sad how overdue this was. But Japan has not really distanced itself from WW2 Japan.

I think while the nukes made Japan surrender, a true invasion might have changed the view the Japanese have on their past.

Sure sure they should let in million of Islamic rapists pedophiles and terrorists, that be better.

Japan Sucked in WW2?

In half a century Japan when from the medieval ages to an industrial super power raping China and taking on America.

They lost but they didn't suck.

They lucked out. China was nearing the end of a dynasty, and that is always when they are weakest, and historically have been attacked. And USA is a whole Pacific Ocean away. When the US did come knocking, the japanese just kept losing. And wasnt it the USA that intimidated Japan into modernizing in the first place?

Sure sure they should let in million of Islamic rapists pedophiles and terrorists, that be better.

This post will retain the title of "Stupidest Post In the Thread" (SPIT) for many days to come.

Japan Sucked in WW2?

In half a century Japan when from the medieval ages to an industrial super power raping China and taking on America.

They lost but they didn't suck.

What country wouldn't have raped China during that era? They were not a serious force of any kind.

I love Japan, but they're really shitty in regards to coming to terms with World War II. I'm not sure if modern-day Japanese will ever look at their Imperialist ancestors with disdain the way modern-day Germans look at the Nazis.
Had a Japanese girlfriend from 2004 - 2006. I learned a lot from her.

The Japanese government created a system of "if it happened already than it is no longer important." This is the mentality they are taught in school. WW2 history is either white glossed or not taught at all.

Usually when Japanese college students come to America to study they are shocked as shit when they learn their real history.

Back