*¿What's going with all this people saying Tyson Fury was better than Deontay Wilder?*

There is a great argument for Tyson winning on points, but to say it was a robbery is absurd. Tyson did out land him, but it was only by a few punches. I felt Wilder was more aggressive as well and I guess that could have swayed the judges. I actually called a draw right before the results were announced. I was pretty shit faced though, and this is just my opinion, so take what you want from it :D
Wilder sort of gassed.

bah .. only reason he got him was because fury was clowning and getting too close .. no need for that in the 12 .. fight was his .. wilder has nothing for fury if fury fights disciplined

Lol nothing? Dude is 40 lbs lighter and Flash KO’d him in the 12th, so at the minimum he’s got the power to stop him at any moment. Sure Fury is more skilled, he’s great at getting off his back too

Think about this Wilder gave all he had. His best hard shots Tyson came up like the undertaker and walked down Wilder. Also coming off of a long layoff for Tyson and he still outboxed the most feared Boxer of our generation.
I'd say more fighters feared Wladimir Klitschko than Deontay Wilder.

Lol nothing? Dude is 40 lbs lighter and Flash KO’d him in the 12th, so at the minimum he’s got the power to stop him at any moment. Sure Fury is more skilled, he’s great at getting off his back too

great at getting off his back and backing up the other guy, stunning him and having the other guy leaning on him .. tyson is an animal .. heart of a lion/champ .. don't care about all the bullshit analysis .. he's superior to wilder .. that's what I saw .. and people keep forgetting this is the fury who's been gone 3 yrs and still wasn't in the best shape .. wilder's been boxing and in tip top shape .. no one is considering that into the equation .. given those circumstances fury embarrassed wilder straight up .. there's a reason why no one is complaining that wilder got a draw .. because they know in the back of their minds that he, in reality, lost

He just looked better.

Wilder is starting to look more beatable the better fighters he faces too. Reminds me a bit of GGG stepping up and then not looking as good.

Was on the brink of being stopped vs Ortiz showed great heart (and a nice assist from the Dr) to get back into it.

Then faces Tyson and for the most part looked lost. That huge right hand though is unreal.

great at getting off his back and backing up the other guy, stunning him and having the other guy leaning on him .. tyson is an animal .. heart of a lion/champ .. don't care about all the bullshit analysis .. he's superior to wilder .. that's what I saw .. and people keep forgetting this is the fury who's been gone 3 yrs and still wasn't in the best shape .. wilder's been boxing and in tip top shape .. no one is considering that into the equation .. given those circumstances fury embarrassed wilder straight up .. there's a reason why no one is complaining that wilder got a draw .. because they know in the back of their minds that he, in reality, lost

You say that but here you are exhausting yourself as a grown man whining over the result.

Embarrassed is complete bogus, If it was an embarrassing result you wouldn’t be here dying for some clarity over a fight result that offends you.

Neither guy should be embarrassed they fought their asses off, just don’t think it was one sided when the guy giving up 40 lbs dropped the guy multiple times and was closer to finishing by far. They can fight again, no worries but until then just Breathe

He just looked better.

Wilder is starting to look more beatable the better fighters he faces too. Reminds me a bit of GGG stepping up and then not looking as good.

Was on the brink of being stopped vs Ortiz showed great heart (and a nice assist from the Dr) to get back into it.

Then faces Tyson and for the most part looked lost. That huge right hand though is unreal.
I think his head got too big and he stopped getting better.

That said, maybe you're selling Fury a little short. Wladmir couldn't solve Fury's puzzle either.

Most other boxers would have been KOd in the earlier rou ds. Not Tyson iron chin fury. Dude was showing great movement for a giant.

Not just for a giant, his footwork, head movement, and cardio are excellent for any sized boxer. The fact that he's 6'9" 250 pounds just makes it freakish. He's a superb technician who happens to also be huge.

Damm...what kind of fight are you looking. Wilder was the more agressive and the one that tried to win and end that fight, all fight long.

Besides the two knock downs, Wilder responded to most of Fury's good punches with an attack of his own. He went Berserk everytime he got tagged. I know that means nothing per se, bit if you watched the fight you'll know Deontay was NEVER IN DANGER of getting knocked down.

So, my question for those saying Fury win is (cause i can't find any other explanation):

Does his weird gestures, with the tongue and raising his hand as he was ahead, and the way he moved during the fight, while not throwing any relevant combo, make you feel he won the fight??

It’s time for you to see the eye doctor

I just re watched the fight Rounds 1 through 6 without sound and they are very close rounds. At his point I have it 3-3 but understand how someone could score it different like say 4-2. One thing that I underestimated was both fighters defense. Both fighters displayed really good defensive skills and good feet and head movement. Fury though was justifiably hesitant to pull the trigger due to Wilder's power and Wilder also was hesitant to pull the trigger due to Fury's constant fainting leads which pushed wilder out of position. Wilder's punch selection though was frustrating to watch throughout the vast majority of the rounds. He needs to work on throwing short shots at medium range, doubling the jab, throwing the left hook of the jab, fainting the jab more and throwing the right hand at a downward angle in a straight line. That punch was there for him a lot. Fury just needed to be more active. He was at his best walking to Wilder and throwing combinations off his jab and faints. If Fury was more active with letting his hands go he would have separated himself in the rounds more making it easier to score the rounds for him.

Probably because it didn't really matter.

It did matter, if he didn't stun Wilder after he got knocked down then Fury might have gotten finished in round 12. Please stop trying to tell me about boxing, I don't think you judge it very well and you say stupid stuff like it didn't matter that Fury stunned Wilder when Fury was in danger of getting finished.

It didn't change the score of the round but it certainly mattered, Wilder had to back off after he got stunned and that got Fury out of danger.

How many times did Wladimir fight after that?

Sure, you can try to take away from Fury's win by saying Wladimir was at the end of his career but a win is a win. Fury just looks better than his opponents, same as he looked better against 40-0 Wilder.

It did matter, if he didn't stun Wilder after he got knocked down then Fury might have gotten finished in round 12. Please stop trying to tell me about boxing, I don't think you judge it very well and you say stupid stuff like it didn't matter that Fury stunned Wilder when Fury was in danger of getting finished.

It didn't change the score of the round but it certainly mattered, Wilder had to back off after he got stunned and that got Fury out of danger.
Well, sorry but you don't seem to understand the basics.
It didn't matter if it didn't change the score
. Wilder already scored the KD making it 10-8. Fury landing a shot after that means nothing. The round was 10-8 Wilder once Fury hit the floor and only a KD scored by Fury would nullify that.

Well, sorry but you don't seem to understand the basics.
It didn't matter if it didn't change the score
. Wilder already scored the KD making it 10-8. Fury landing a shot after that means nothing. The round was 10-8 Wilder once Fury hit the floor and only a KD scored by Fury would nullify that.
this isn't true, you can recover to earn a 9-10 round if you batter your opponent all over the ring, or win the entire round except for the short part where you were knocked down. 1 punch doesn't guarantee a 2 point swing.

this isn't true, you can recover to earn a 9-10 round if you batter your opponent all over the ring, or win the entire round except for the short part where you were knocked down. 1 punch doesn't guarantee a 2 point swing.
Believe what you want. Judges score any close round with a KD 10-8 99.9999999999999999% of the time.

It would have been controversial if Wilder had lost and the 12th was scored 10-9, lets put it that way.

Believe what you want. Judges score any close round with a KD 10-8 99.9999999999999999% of the time.

It would have been controversial if Wilder had lost and the 12th was scored 10-9, lets put it that way.
I agree, both his 10-8s were legit.

Does his weird gestures, with the tongue and raising his hand as he was ahead, and the way he moved during the fight, while not throwing any relevant combo, make you feel he won the fight??

People gravitate to such entertainment. America's Best Talent or Britain's Best Talent... these waste of time shows have everythin you described and people love it

Back