§ • Official MLB 2017 Thread V-1: Buxton swing and miss edition • §

Status
Not open for further replies.
MIAMI -- Mike Trout has left the Los Angeles Angels' game at Miami after jamming his left hand while stealing second base.

Trout yelled in pain as he rose after sliding headfirst in the fifth inning Sunday. He was examined by a trainer, stayed in the game and took the field in the bottom of the inning, but was replaced in the sixth.

There was no immediate announcement regarding the injury.

...and the update

Los Angeles Angels center fielder and reigning American League MVP Mike Trout is headed to the disabled list and facing possible surgery with a torn ligament in his left thumb.

Angels general manager Billy Eppler told reporters Monday that Trout's absence will be longer than a couple of weeks after results of an MRI exam revealed the extent of the injury

They're saying if Trout goes the surgery route.. he'll be out 5-8 weeks

The Angels curse is real..

damn it someone get trout some steroids.

Cycle watch: Whit Merrifield (the superstar, household name)

needs a single.

15-2 Jays.

Good to know that the lineup is still scary. 100+ games to go...we'll be just fine.

Braves getting to Cy Young candidate Ricky Nolasco.

Good, drafted him late in my keeper league.

Same. That avg, and obp is shit. At least the power, and rbi are there.

I am just curious if they throw him in LF or DH when Beltre comes back.

Same. That avg, and obp is shit. At least the power, and rbi are there.

I am just curious if they throw him in LF or DH when Beltre comes back.
I hope he turns into a decent avg guy, he seems like a really good guy

I hope he turns into a decent avg guy, he seems like a really good guy

He is walking more, but i don't see him being more than .225avg. Maybe .250 if he didn't strikeout out so much.

No clue what kind of guy he is, but i hope he does well from here on out.

15-2 Jays.

Good to know that the lineup is still scary. 100+ games to go...we'll be just fine.

Hey papi how's my dawg JUSTIN SMOAK looking at the plate this year? I had to pick him up cuz of injuries but now health is looming and it looks like I might have to drop him.

Hey papi how's my dawg JUSTIN SMOAK looking at the plate this year? I had to pick him up cuz of injuries but now health is looming and it looks like I might have to drop him.

Looking pretty decent, as far as I can tell. I think he's passed the initial test for sure. He might fall off, but it'd be risky to drop him at this point, depending on who you'd replace him with. Seems pretty solid.

Looking pretty decent, as far as I can tell. I think he's passed the initial test for sure. He might fall off, but it'd be risky to drop him at this point, depending on who you'd replace him with. Seems pretty solid.

Beltre.. AL only league.. might be able to move Bregman to MI and drop candrelton instead though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back