‘Shogun’ Rua targets March return against ‘Rampage’ Jackson

shonuf

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/10/5/9453937/shogun-rua-targets-march-return-against-rampage-jackson

"I respect Rampage a lot, we always talk when we meet, but this is a fight that we both want," Rua told MMAFighting.com. "The UFC wants it, fans want it as well. It’s inevitable. I just hope he’s free of his issues with Bellator. It would be nice to fight him again."

The Brazilian underwent shoulder surgery after defeating "Minotouro" at the HSBC Arena in Rio de Janeiro, and plans on flying back to California to train in December.

"My shoulder is getting better," he said. "The doctor said I’ll probably be ready to train hard again in December, so I believe I will be fighting again around March or April. As soon as they clear me, I’ll go to the United States to train with Rafael Cordeiro."

With the UFC working on a soccer stadium show in Curitiba in March, "Shogun" would petition to be on that card.

"It would be a pleasure to fight in my hometown," he said. "It would be a dream come true to fight in Curitiba, where I lived my entire live. Curitiba deserves this big event."

click the link for more.

Ohhhhhhhh boyyyyyyyyyy!

I'm all for this. If Shogun wins this fight I want to see him fight Rashad next.

Both aged but I think Shogun is even more wore torn at the moment. I would give this one to Rampage

Fight knee-ded to happen awhile ago, in which case it could have been a toss up. I would go with Page now, and still be excited to watch :)

Why not? Is Rampage cleared to fight? I read they were looking to get rid of Rampage....euh I mean to make him fight Rumble.

Rampage will be on the mmahour today. There's another thread for that...

Maybe Rampage will give an update on his situation today.

I would love this fight and i think rampage would agrer

Its the fight both guys want, makes sense in the rankings as well. I am very glad Shogun is back at Kings training for his next fight, at least we can expect that Shogun will be in good condition all around.

About a prediction now, Shogun will beat him.

A win would put Shogun right back into title contention!

just kidding

RETIRE

for the love of god, stop this madness

I really don't want this rematch to happen. I'd prefer Rampage vs Nogueira and Shogun vs. retirement. If the fight happens, it's either Rampage by KO or it ends up a close decision. Rematches seldom live up to their hype, especially ones from over a decade ago. e.g. Shogun vs. Nogueira 2.

like shogun/nog II, this rematch should have happened a longgggg time ago

Good fight, but damn, I think Rampage wins another rematch at this point.

O please let this fight happen. This would be a good send off fight for both these guys.

Thank you MMA gods. Please let this happen.

Back