Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 02-20-2014, 03:38 PM   #11
christianD

Orange Belt

vCash: 300
i went to UFC on FS 1 and i didnt get to meet a single fighter it sucked i walked around boston for days and didnt see anyone i went to the weighins and still no luck.

-Both Nogs
-Overeem

Attended: UFC FS1 1
christianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 03:48 PM   #12
IMPmmath

Yellow Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianD View Post
i went to UFC on FS 1 and i didnt get to meet a single fighter it sucked i walked around boston for days and didnt see anyone i went to the weighins and still no luck.
I went there too.Only fighter I saw was Mike Easton.After the fights he was across the street from the arena at a 7-11.

IMPmmath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 04:33 PM   #13
teammb1
Banned

vCash: 3210
Theres a bunch of autograph sessions and meet and greets everywhere prod to and after the event

teammb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 04:38 PM   #14
masterofthetap

Orange Belt

The UFC will usualy do things in the town the entire week, so just try to find out what they're schedule is, fighter q and a's, signings, ect..

Oh, open work outs too, and sometimes fighters will do clinics at local MMA gyms. I'd say go to at least the weigh ins, it will really get you excited for the fights.

And have fun man, I've been to one UFC card and it was incredible.

masterofthetap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 04:41 PM   #15
masterofthetap

Orange Belt

Dana also sometimes tweets tickets from the various places in the city, so you can always try to meet Dana White to tell him that he's a dickhead in person.

masterofthetap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:59 PM   #16
MattEdge78

White Belt

I went to UFC on FS 1 in Boston and went to all events leading up to fight night. I don't remember exactly where I heard of all the events, might of just been on UFC.com. But it basically went as follows:

August 13th: Connor McGregor open workouts at Peter Welch's gym. After was a fan gather at a local bar. Also stayed a little bit after the open workout when everyone left and met Dana White.

August 14th: Open workouts at the TD Garden. Met a whole bunch of fighters such as Chael Sonnen, Shogun, Overeem, Travis Browne, Urijah Faber, Joe Lauzon and a bunch more

August 15th: Pre-fight press conference at the Wang Theater in Boston. Saw a bunch of the same fighters as said above.

August 16th: Weigh-ins at the TD Garden. Before weigh-ins was a Q&A with Ronda Rousey and after was another fan gathering at a local bar. Met Forrest Griffin and Cat Zingano at the bar for a Q&A and got a signed event poster from all the fighters on the card.

August 17th: Fight night. Definitely worth going really early before doors open. You'll see a bunch local fighters just walking around before the show. This is where I met people like Matt Serra, Jorge Rivera, Jimmy Quinlan John Hackleman, etc.

So the whole week leading up to fight night they put on a bunch of different events. I took the entire week off from work and still didn't get to go to all of them. Worth checking out and hope this helps

MattEdge78 is offline   Reply With Quote