Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 01-22-2014, 10:06 AM   #51
sandbag666

Orange Belt

vCash: 500
This thread shows the biased mentality of even hardcore MMA fans. The guy lost his last fight and then retired, and been inactive. So now he is medicore?

I hate Brock and his style of fighting but I guarentee you the following:

1. He trains like a maniac if he wants to. Real work ethic.

2. Is a physical specimen and as strong as anyone at heavyweight, for sure faster than other big heavyweights.

3. Was able to take down Cain, and gave Cain a better fight than Bigfoot or JDS.

4. Has a very good chin as shown by the shots he took from Carwin.

5. Knows his fear of strikes is his weakness, and could get over it if he wanted. He surely has the financial resources to get experts to fix this, given that his actual chin is good.

Not saying he would be champ, but he would be a beast at heavyweight again if he wants it.

sandbag666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:14 AM   #52
Ryanr1987

White Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by muaythaibeast View Post
You see lesnar beating werdum? Anyway for me he wouldn't beat

Bigfoot
Overeem
Werdum
Hunt
JDS
Cain
Palelei
Barnet
Browne
Nelson
Miocic
It's haters like the above that get really ridiculous. Brock Lesnar would absolutely smoke Nelson, Hunt worse then he did Mir. Two slow plodding fighters that are susceptible to take downs against one of the most powerful wrestlers...Come on hahahahaha

He's beat Barnett and brown too Palelei? hahahahahaha! this gets even better! Big foot would get abused too by Brock.

I think he'd have the most trouble with

Cain
Werdum due to his ground but I think Lesnar can knock him out if his reaction to getting hit has improved more since Overeem fight.

Overeem is a tossed up! In the Overeem fight it was obviously the wrong game plan, Lesnar should of pressured Reem instead he stayed at range and kick boxed with him.

JDS would be a toss up if Brock can stay on him he can easily over power him but standing JDS would light him up if he just doesn't put pressure.

Ryanr1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:22 AM   #53
Ryanr1987

White Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaRugal View Post
You do know he was beating Cain until he unexplainably just got tired in 2 mins.

Brock was CLEARLY not 100%. Cain did nothing to get Brock tired like that.
Not saying Cain couldn't have won eventually but that match says nothing about how a 100% vs Cain would go since Brock pretty much only had energy for 2 mins WHILE he was the one on offense the entire time.

Watch it again. Cain did nothing to Brock and Brock was completely wasted ... that is when Cain took over.
Brock was in great shape when he fought Cain. He was shredded and trained like crazy. I think his illness stopped him from applying that training into the cage and he just didn't have it anymore.

I agree a lot about the Cain fight. it was all Brock up until brock had ahold of Cain and just let him spin out and they started from square one. If Brock stayed on Cain for that whole round or had the ability to stay on Cain I should say he would of won the round without much trouble.

Lesnar showed that he was the dominant one in that fight but once the pressure stopped it was all Cain.

This UFC 121 version of Brock was also the best version of him. He was more mobile then ever, improved stand-up and his skills where all round improved compared to previous versions!

It was sadly his energy that gave away first!

Ryanr1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:26 AM   #54
VAfan

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandbag666 View Post
5. Knows his fear of strikes is his weakness, and could get over it if he wanted. He surely has the financial resources to get experts to fix this, given that his actual chin is good.
that's speculative at best. i don't think we've ever seen a fighter who responded poorly to hard shots who was able to "correct the issue".

it's a similar problem for guys like GG and mir where they get dazed quickly or go off their games when hit hard. it's not chin but the ability to continue fighting effectively after taking serious punishment. IMO it's something you either have or you don't.

Old 01-22-2014, 10:29 AM   #55
neXt leVel

Green Belt

if 100% healthy..sky is the limit...u fools dont realize he has been training this whole time....just wanted his body to heal....have the same issues he had...then go fight and see how you feel....his sickness was his undoing...not the fighters...imo

SUPPORTING ALL INDIANA FIGHTERS
HAMMOND BOXING CLUB

lord love
neXt leVel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:32 AM   #56
Dutchman101

Orange Belt

wasteland topic

Dutchman101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:41 AM   #57
bjpenngoat

Brown Belt

lesnar wouldn't beat a single guy on that list.

bjpenngoat is offline   Reply With Quote