Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 01-01-2014, 06:40 PM   #1
pluckinchicken

Blue Belt

vCash: 500
Weidman vs Belfort, Machida, Mousasi, Souza.. and "is normal""

Weidman's potential upcoming foes is quite a road to travel. Has Anderson faced such a road of feared quality opponents. On another note where "is normal" come from?

Old 01-01-2014, 06:50 PM   #2
last exile 28

Weidman vs Belfort - before I'd say Weidman, but Vitor has been looking amazing and managed to KO Dan fucking Henderson in round 1 so....yea

Weidman vs Machida - honestly see Weidman losing...styles make fights and Machida is a good counter to Weidman. Machida excels at the same thing Weidman showed against Silva (timing, distance, speed) and has shown amazing TDD against the top LHW wrestlers. He also has the cardio and experience to take this fight to the deep waters and tire Chris out if need be.

Weidman vs Mousasi - honestly don't see this fight happening cause I think Machida beats Mousasi....but if it does I'm going with Weidman by wrestling.

Weidman vs Souza - again, before I'd say Weidman because he has the wrestling to keep the fight standing...but Souza's striking has been improving at a remarkable and fast pace so that definitely makes the fight a lot more interesting now that he has the chance to catch Weidman with a punch or mix his strikes with takedown attempts.

Pretty sure "is normal" is something Anderson Silva said a lot in an interview(s). And yes Silva faced quality opponents.

last exile 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 06:58 PM   #3
Nelly

Brown Belt

vCash: 57515
You must not have watched Anderson's interviews after his first loss to Weidman. If Anderson was still the champion, Machida wouldn't be at MW. He already beat Belfort and Jacare wouldn't challenge Silva. The reason why the division became so deep is because Anderson lost. If Anderson didn't lose, his detractors would continue to complain that the division is weak.

Lawler|Condit|Lima
Khabib|Bendo|Alvarez
Aldo|Penn|Pitbull|Frodo
Barao|Cruz|Dantas
Nelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 07:20 PM   #4
N8dogg

Blue Belt

vCash: 7601
Weidman could lose all of those bouts... He could also win all of them... It depends where the fight goes/takes place...

N8dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 07:21 PM   #5
Lacet

Yellow Belt

Who could ever think a couple of years ago that MW would be the most interesting division. Would love to see all these fights

Lacet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 07:21 PM   #6
underdogftw

Yellow Belt

AS opponents doesn't even compare everyone agree the middle weight now is much more interesting and stacked than before.

So to all weidman doubters he has the chance to prove himself that he is the best if he beats 3 of those 4. It's gonna be really really hard to argue he isn't the best middle weight and wasn't better than AS if he beat them all but there will always be sherdogger who will.

underdogftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 07:28 PM   #7
VALETUDO!

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by last exile 28 View Post
Weidman vs Belfort - before I'd say Weidman, but Vitor has been looking amazing and managed to KO Dan fucking Henderson in round 1 so....yea

Weidman vs Machida - honestly see Weidman losing...styles make fights and Machida is a good counter to Weidman. Machida excels at the same thing Weidman showed against Silva (timing, distance, speed) and has shown amazing TDD against the top LHW wrestlers. He also has the cardio and experience to take this fight to the deep waters and tire Chris out if need be.

Weidman vs Mousasi - honestly don't see this fight happening cause I think Machida beats Mousasi....but if it does I'm going with Weidman by wrestling.

Weidman vs Souza - again, before I'd say Weidman because he has the wrestling to keep the fight standing...but Souza's striking has been improving at a remarkable and fast pace so that definitely makes the fight a lot more interesting now that he has the chance to catch Weidman with a punch or mix his strikes with takedown attempts.

Pretty sure "is normal" is something Anderson Silva said a lot in an interview(s). And yes Silva faced quality opponents.
As soon as I saw the thread I felt I must respond - and then I read your post, and realized that you articulated my thoughts. Nicely put...