Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 08-22-2014, 07:43 AM   #51
Dragon Punch

Yellow Belt

vCash: 500
Barao is going to destroy TJ this time

Anderson Silva
Carlos Condit
Junior Dos Santos
Dragon Punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 07:45 AM   #52
peterparker66

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Punch View Post
Barao is going to destroy TJ this time
I hope so but I wouldn't be so sure as I thought he would destroy him first time round .

peterparker66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 07:53 AM   #53
KingKali

Yellow Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomg1t View Post
anyone saying this is an excuse is an idiot.

you all assume his camp begins when the fight is announced, why? is it not possible he was still nursing some injuries and couldn't quite start the camp immediately? is it completely out of the realm of possibility that he had personal issues that delayed his camp, or that he had to deal with those while in camp?

everyone here acts as if the fighters are completely isolated from the outside world, that there are no external factors that affect their preparations. you guys just calculate the number of days from the first media conference to the fight and conclude that their camp must've been perfect.

you make me sad.
Well said...this place is such a fucking joke sometimes

KingKali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 08:01 AM   #54
Lawrence

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg171 View Post
He said he didn't have enough time to prepare for the first fight, and now he's saying he's had the ideal time when he actually had a day less to prepare this time. It doesn't add up
He knows a hell of a lot more about his opponent this time eh?

Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 08:24 AM   #55
method115

Gold Belt

vCash: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomg1t View Post
anyone saying this is an excuse is an idiot.

you all assume his camp begins when the fight is announced, why? is it not possible he was still nursing some injuries and couldn't quite start the camp immediately? is it completely out of the realm of possibility that he had personal issues that delayed his camp, or that he had to deal with those while in camp?

everyone here acts as if the fighters are completely isolated from the outside world, that there are no external factors that affect their preparations. you guys just calculate the number of days from the first media conference to the fight and conclude that their camp must've been perfect.

you make me sad.
Agreed with this while I do think what Barao does make him look a bit silly at the end of the day it's like ^he said we don't know what's going on in their lives. So from are POV sure it looks like he goofed but from his who knows only he knows what was going on in his life and when his camp started.

method115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:27 AM   #56
Panacci

Orange Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg171 View Post
He said he didn't have enough time to prepare for the first fight, and now he's saying he's had the ideal time when he actually had a day less to prepare this time. It doesn't add up
it's often not about the actual number of days in the training camp, maybe this camp was a lot more focused, maybe he had personal or external issues causing problems in the first camp, so it felt rushed or too quick. It's not simply, you have 3 months, therefore you're guaranteed to have a perfect camp. Barao hasn't really been whining, and I think his claim of being on autopilot isn't an excuse, rather something pretty obvious since he didn't look all there the rest of the fight. In any case, he's a monster, and no one should sleep on him.

Panacci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 10:03 AM   #57
Almighty One

Purple Belt

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
I think Barao is gonna win in dominating fashion for some strange reason.
same

Almighty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 10:07 AM   #58
TheWolfsHowl

vCash: 344
It's amazing how many people are so fast to jump on Brazilians for making excuses but when Americans do it everyone agrees and accepts it.

Barao doesn't "make excuses" the way some fighters do. He lost the fight, he's not blaming anyone but himself for that. He feels he's ready this time around.

Fuck, you people are stupid.

May He grant His blessings upon the War Wagon of Daniel Cormier.
TheWolfsHowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 06:24 AM   #59
HIMBOB

Gold Belt

vCash: 1513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xhizors View Post
Yeah but the thread title says 'a day less of camp'.

He and his team probably believed that TJ was an "easy" win. Heck, everybody was picking Barão to win.

And I do think that he should kept his mouth shut. Some people will believe it's an excuse and what can you do? Maybe it really was an excuse.
The number of acusations of leveld at Barao about this "wanting time off" being an excuse prove beyond out doubt that anything and everything a fighter says about a loss is an excuse.

Should he just refuse to answer any questions about the loss simply to avoid being seen as an excuse maker? Thats just silly.

Never forget the freedom fry!!!
HIMBOB is online now   Reply With Quote