Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 07-25-2014, 08:46 AM   #51
Jose Aldo Nova
in vino veritas

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fightfan84 View Post
if weidmans clean, and has nothing to hide he should want to step up and do the same type of testing to help put the sport in a better light. End of the day it can only make him look better if he has nothing to hide
The commission is solely concerned with leveling the playing field on the night of the fight, not being "fair" with the drug testing and making two different fighters with two completely different histories take the same drug tests.

Simply stated: McGregor beats Aldo.
Jose Aldo Nova is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 09:00 AM   #52
BrazilianDude

Silver Belt

vCash: 538
He fucked up. He is lucky they gave him a license. They should test him for everything they can.

BrazilianDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 09:01 AM   #53
fightfan84

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ligthandshadow View Post
And as much crap as we give him.
And despite multiple failed tests... I tend to believe Vitor?

It's strange.

I actually feel the steroid test came from a supplement from GNC, and I believe he gave himself too high a dose while traveling.

His testing is consistent that he has low-T, he's getting up there in years as a fighter, and I am fairly certain his lifestyle hasn't been the most conducive to keeping his hormone levels healthy.

But at this point, Vitor is a wealthy fighter, from a wealthy family, who is willing to play by the rules so he can have a huge payday and give us a great fight.

I do put myself in Weidman's shoes too though, just because if someone said "thirty grand please" I might just tell them to go to hell.

Fortunately for us, Belfort is willing to play ball.

Yeah, I actually agree with you here as well. The first product he got busted with was legal in 2005 and you could get in products bought at a GNC, I tend to believe him too for the most part

And yes, as fans were lucky he doesn't mind paying the bill what so ever, and if I was Weidman and it came out of my pocket at this stage I wouldn't pay the bill either, but it would be nice for the ufc to step up on title fights and pay the money to try and legitimize the sport even more at this point.

fightfan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 09:48 AM   #54
Zigmeister

Green Belt

There is nothing special being done with Vitor. Most test are urine that are collected, they are also going to do blood, which can detect other things urine reliably cannot, and at a lower cost. About $700/test.

Anywho...the WADA list is the WADA list...anything can be tested, and they are going to likely do it.

Zigmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 10:05 AM   #55
clumseygenius

Brown Belt

vCash: 50
Yeah i hear ye TS and agree. I also think the testing should be flush for all too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie 084 View Post
For me there's one reason why he's tested more then anyone, he's kicking guys heads in and making it look easy. Look at some of the other guys on trt Hendo , mir etc they all suck .
Don't know where to start on this one so I won't.