Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 11-26-2013, 08:18 PM   #191
casnow

Purple Belt

vCash: 500
The issue for me isn't that Vitor wants a title fight in Brazil... the issue is that if he gets the shot, and wins, then will he ONLY fight in Brazil? What happens to the belt then? He can't defend in Vegas? Can't defend it in US at all? Can't defend it in Canada?

If he only fights in Brazil, is he World champ?

casnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:44 PM   #192
campbecc

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by casnow View Post
The issue for me isn't that Vitor wants a title fight in Brazil... the issue is that if he gets the shot, and wins, then will he ONLY fight in Brazil? What happens to the belt then? He can't defend in Vegas? Can't defend it in US at all? Can't defend it in Canada?

If he only fights in Brazil, is he World champ?
he already fought in Canada on TRT. I believe Vegas is the only commission that commented that people who had failed a drug test might not be able to get an exemption for TRT.

campbecc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:59 PM   #193
dog y
Pink Belt

vCash: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellz6 View Post
He lives in the states, he trains in the states, he is tested throughout his training camp in the states. Sounds like you are avoiding researching the situation like a bad cold.
is he tested throughout his camp? source?

BTW, most brazilian fans I know dislike Belfort. Some for his positive steroid test, some for his stupid religious schtick, some because they find him to be "an ignorant, unpleasant, mentally limited bully" as described on tatame lol.
I personally dislike him personally, but I do enjoy watching him fight.

Plus, his wife is still very hot. Joana Prado. Google her... two brazilian playboy editions, IIRC, about 15 years ago.

Last edited by dog y; 11-26-2013 at 09:51 PM.
dog y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 04:06 AM   #194
UJustGotChaeld

Black Belt

vCash: 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanzella View Post
Because he is the biggest draw the country have, the same reason GSP fought 90% of his career in Canada. It's not that hard to understand.

A LOT of people, including champs, never fought in Vegas.
GSP only had 5 fights in Canada. Fail.

(GSP has) established himself as #1. Over Anderson and everyone else. Including Fedor.
UJustGotChaeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 11:16 PM   #195
wellz6

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog y View Post
is he tested throughout his camp? source?

BTW, most brazilian fans I know dislike Belfort. Some for his positive steroid test, some for his stupid religious schtick, some because they find him to be "an ignorant, unpleasant, mentally limited bully" as described on tatame lol.
I personally dislike him personally, but I do enjoy watching him fight.

Plus, his wife is still very hot. Joana Prado. Google her... two brazilian playboy editions, IIRC, about 15 years ago.
http://mmajunkie.com/2013/06/11/ufcs...-a-conscience/
CABMMA official Cristiano Sampaio said that once a TUE is granted, there are still ample hurdles to clear before and after fight night that include a minimum of three blood tests in the three months before the fight, as well as a pre-fight urine test. There are also post-fight tests of both urine and blood.

"In both the Rockhold and Bisping fights, Belfort’s levels were all deemed acceptable, but “The Phenom” said he took things one step further and conducted additional tests at his own expense. “For the fight with Rockhold, I did seven blood tests,” Belfort said. “I did one every week. I have records of all of them. Some of the results are even lower than they should be, and the doctor said, ‘You should probably increase,’ and I said, ‘No, I don’t want to get to a level that’s bad for me.’'
Belfort was monitored by Dr. Marcio Tannure, the head of the Brazilian commission’s medial committee.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2013...-belfort-hint/
"Belfort’s testosterone levels were tested frequently throughout his training camp leading up to UFC on FX 8, according to White. He was also tested at the event."

wellz6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 11:32 PM   #196
dvd_collector

Blue Belt

will there be a UFC Brazil belt? belt for each country!

dvd_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 12:16 AM   #197
Graniteeyed
How is my avatar actually better than yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightweightKing View Post
Why not??? If it's vs Andy, that fight would be huge in Brazil. If it's Weedmon, it would be good for him to go to Brazil and defend the title. Silva defended it vs Weedmon in the USA (Vegas) and the rematch is Also in Vegas.
UFC is an American company. The default location for fights is in America, particularly Las Vegas. Let's take a different angle.

Old 11-28-2013, 12:44 AM   #198
Intellidamus

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsh510 View Post

Train, say your prayers, take your vitamins.
viToR belforT ?

Intellidamus is offline   Reply With Quote