Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 07-25-2014, 03:07 PM   #11
berimBOWLoh

Purple Belt

vCash: 500
better go to a doctor and get those butt feelings checked out.

im def pulling for Brown, would be one of the greatest career comeback stories of all time.

Old 07-25-2014, 03:08 PM   #12
Mister7

Brown Belt

vCash: 376
I have a bad feeling of an early stoppage.

Mister7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 03:09 PM   #13
FallonFoxGOAT
This isn't even my final form.

Location: Indianer, 'Merica. The greatest state in the greatest continent in the world.
Lawler by TKO.

Av by Augustus Caesar.
FallonFoxGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 03:13 PM   #14
Ekcol

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGulp View Post
in their but that Brown is going to KO Robbie with a crazy come-back and stain the octagon floor with Robbie's blood?

When i think about Brown, it reminds me of Chocolate L and the H highway we've seen come from a guy that just puts it in another, gear to win. I don't want to get too anal about Brown's technical skills, but i think he's got a good shot to squirt a victory out of the bowels of defeat.

what do you think?
I see what you did there.

Ekcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 03:17 PM   #15
Tsar

Green Belt

I have this feeling that we will be reminded that matt brown is fighting his first top ten fighter since his long winning streak began.

lawler will get the finish, IMO.

Tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 03:20 PM   #16
callofdutyNBA

Green Belt

Possibly, this fight can end at any moment. I think Lawler beats him but would not be surprise if Brown ends up ko'ing or subbing Lawler.

callofdutyNBA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 03:25 PM   #17
Junbo79

Blue Belt

As great as this version of Lawler is, there is another side to Lawler where he has been nullified and looks bad. Lack of training or giving a shit? Most likely, but regardless if you are familiar with Lawler outside of this current UFC run, then you know what I am talking about.

Looks unbelievable when he wins, and looks terrible when he loses (Kennedy who controlled the ground, Sobral who controlled with reach and grappling, Larkin by clinch and inside).

So he is not unbeatable and there is a lot of blueprint to work off of.

Old 07-25-2014, 03:33 PM   #18
BigGulp
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junbo79 View Post
As great as this version of Lawler is, there is another side to Lawler where he has been nullified and looks bad. Lack of training or giving a shit? Most likely, but regardless if you are familiar with Lawler outside of this current UFC run, then you know what I am talking about.

Looks unbelievable when he wins, and looks terrible when he loses (Kennedy who controlled the ground, Sobral who controlled with reach and grappling, Larkin by clinch and inside).

So he is not unbeatable and there is a lot of blueprint to work off of.
I think Lawler gets in trouble when someone gets really aggressive with him. Lawler can pick anyone apart if they wait on him. With Brown's reach and tenacity, i think this fight favors his style, at least on paper.

People talk about Brown not having fought anyone, yada yada. But Lawler hasn't fought someone like Brown in the UFC, outside of diaz. I have no idea what's going to happen though, i want to see how lawler adapts

BigGulp is offline   Reply With Quote