Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > Worldwide MMA Discussion

Worldwide MMA Discussion This is the place for all non-UFC/WEC/Pride events, including Strikeforce, Affliction, HDNet Fights, Cage Rage, KOTC, ROTR, Shooto, and the like.

Old 04-10-2014, 06:21 PM   #131
Mikedh

Red Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OoopsaDaisey View Post
How much money do you think she makes as an actress? She was in Haywire, and then had a minor role in Fast 6.

A comeback to MMA to fight Ronda Rousey in a UFC main event would net her a few hundred thousand dollars, and more exposure for her acting career. All for a few months of dedicated training again? Easy money.
That is what I think too. It would benefit both herself and MMA. She gets a ton of media exposure and a big payday and the UFC gets a big main event in a year where they could use all they could get.

Mikedh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:39 PM   #132
Jopo

Silver Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaya View Post
Gina got the ball rolling.

Ronda made womens MMA *huge*

Gina wants to cash in on that exposure -- nobody should blame her 1 bit for that.

It is good for everyone involved.
I blame her. I really don't like it. She lost ONE fight and quit. Who the hell does that? Quit, WHILE Wmma was just starting to gain momentum. I will be rooting against her and emanating negative vibes through my TV that is for sure. That'll teach her.

Jopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:46 PM   #133
BigMuffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopo View Post
I blame her. I really don't like it. She lost ONE fight and quit. Who the hell does that? Quit, WHILE Wmma was just starting to gain momentum. I will be rooting against her and emanating negative vibes through my TV that is for sure. That'll teach her.
I guess you're in the Gina 'No Conviction' Carano boat with me? We should be besties.

Old 04-10-2014, 07:06 PM   #134
PIT FIGHTER
YAMMA Pit Fighting ver 2.74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopo View Post
She bounced out of MMA after the loss to Cyborg because she got the leading role in a Steven Soderbergh film which began production and filming shortly after that fight.

The movie got pretty good reviews from critics and while it wasn't a breakout hit for her, there were always rumors about her negotiating for different projects and she did get a spot in Fast & Furious 6 not that long after Haywire came out.

She probably had a bunch of handlers around her telling her to focus on her acting career between doing media tours and appearances for Fast & Furious 6 in addition to whatever events she went to with the Superman actor she's dating.

Keep in mind she was set to return in 2011 in Strikeforce before the bout was called off. So it's not like she completely abandoned fighting.

Besides, WMMA is in the UFC and Dana White claims Ronda Rousey is their biggest PPV star, so it's not like Gina leaving had some huge negative effect on the growth of WMMA.

Seems petty to hold some kind of grudge.

Old 04-10-2014, 07:31 PM   #135
EvilManny

Orange Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by delrey View Post
Why would Gina Carano drop acting and return to MMA? It doesnt make sense.
Lets say she drops Hollywood and sign for UFC. How much would she earn per fight?
Not over 60k, thats for sure.
Two fight per year.. Plus bonuses... 150k$, 200k$ per year at best.
Real qusteion is why would she do this when she probably earn way more in Hollywood.
And, she doesnt has to take punches to the head or whatever
I think she made 6 figures in her cyborg fight and shes still on the same contract. Also shes not a huge movie star. I doubt her roles in hollywood are paying millions.

Old 04-10-2014, 08:14 PM   #136
DizzyYeahYeah

vCash: 50
Gina looks like she weighs 180.

Old 04-10-2014, 09:07 PM   #137
Sherdoggy

Brown Belt

Given that she is supposed to have another movie:

Quote:
At the 2013 San Diego Comic-Con International, Avengelyne co-creator Rob Liefeld announced production for a big-screen adaptation of the fictional comic book was in development, in which Carano would star as the lead titular character.
it may just be a publicity stunt.

But I said in the WMMA thread - she should come back and fight for WSOF. And they should NOT sign Cyborg. If she goes to the UFC she has to fight Rousey. WSOF has some money, a TV contract that she could boost ratings for, and doesn't have Cyborg and Rousey.

Sherdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:09 PM   #138
Sherdoggy

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyYeahYeah View Post
Gina looks like she weighs 180.
At 5'8", it doesn't look like it would be easy for her to make 135:

Sherdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:25 PM   #139
Nameless Ghoul

Green Belt

vCash: 363
$$$$$$$$$ and pub. Esp against Honda clinch her,get taken down,tap, cash check a fat check, retire. She'll suffer very little damage if any and her face/name will be everwhere for the 12 weeks or so leading up to the fight and probably 2 weeks or so after.

Nameless Ghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:44 PM   #140
H0nkey K0ng

Orange Belt

Girls love attention. Nothing new; but she is a fighter at heart though. Sexy too. hottest female fighter right now. in terms of hotness

H0nkey K0ng is offline   Reply With Quote