Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

View Poll Results: Who do you think will win Alistair Overeem vs. Ben Rothwell ?
Alistair Overeem 370 77.24%
Ben Rothwell 109 22.76%
Voters: 479. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-13-2014, 04:02 PM   #261
TylerDrew

Green Belt

vCash: 500
Rothwell is tough as can be and has B level skills. If Reem rushes him too hard he could gas himself or get caught. Not a joke of a fight like people are saying. Also comparing Mir and Rothwell isn't really fair as Mir is known for folding under punishment.(He is the only example I can think of in MMA of a guy going into boxing style "just survive the fight" mode in his fight with Cormier.) Rothwell well he just keeps on brawling until you beat him senseless.

www.mmatrivia.com
TylerDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 04:10 PM   #262
Frank23

Red Belt

vCash: 1178
Alistair Overeem via TKO.

Frank23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 04:14 PM   #263
trane

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDrew View Post
Rothwell is tough as can be and has B level skills. If Reem rushes him too hard he could gas himself or get caught. Not a joke of a fight like people are saying. Also comparing Mir and Rothwell isn't really fair as Mir is known for folding under punishment.(He is the only example I can think of in MMA of a guy going into boxing style "just survive the fight" mode in his fight with Cormier.) Rothwell well he just keeps on brawling until you beat him senseless.
Yea, Rothwell has the type of style where this can backfire. Reem doesn't seem to have great fight IQ at all(showed good patience and composure in his last fight), but maybe training with Greg Jackson will change that

All I know is that when people use the Homer Simpson strategy on you, and have success, there's a problem there

trane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 04:23 PM   #264
TylerDrew

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by trane View Post
Yea, Rothwell has the type of style where this can backfire. Reem doesn't seem to have great fight IQ at all(showed good patience and composure in his last fight), but maybe training with Greg Jackson will change that

All I know is that when people use the Homer Simpson strategy on you, and have success, there's a problem there
Yes if you can be out game planned by a cartoon bar owner then you may be lacking in fight IQ.

www.mmatrivia.com
TylerDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 04:43 PM   #265
The Judas Pig
󾓪 RUKUS BELT 󾓪

Big Ben by Tko

Hapa
Askren
JoJo
The Judas Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 04:52 PM   #266
dc007
mr. white belt

Ben by KO.

Old 07-13-2014, 04:56 PM   #267
AdamNewsome666

Purple Belt

vCash: 587
Will be easy fight for Overeem
But who the hell knows anymore

AdamNewsome666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 05:39 PM   #268
MMASuperfan

Green Belt

quit bitching.... Allistair is a fun fighter to watch and while Rothwell isn't my favorite he almost always delivers with an exciting fight.

UFCs matchmaking is pretty stupid but this will be an entertaining fight. Plus, we've all seen Overeem drop it in big moments so who knows what will actually happen in this fight

MMASuperfan is offline   Reply With Quote