Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > The Wasteland

The Wasteland Pro Wrestling, Fantasy Matchups, Rehashed MMA, Chat threads, etc.

Old 04-19-2014, 10:37 PM   #11
EmeliankoFan1

Red Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crytek View Post
You don't understand english? I'll give you the question again since you didn't see it or speak something else. I apologize if you do

Are sherdoggers too easily impressed when a fighter pulls of something good in a fight?

Like Browne's elbows for example. He elbowed a couple of guys (wow champion material?) and took a beating = The new future champ.

It's pathetic if you ask me.

Why not wait to see if all aspects of his game are tested first? Maybe I'm being too logical for Sherdog >_<
This guys is passionate isn't he, lol. If I am not mistaken wasn't he the favorite.

You could be talking about a multitude of fighters who do very pretty things in the cage including some of the champions. Do you know how difficult it is to pull off pretty moves against professional fighters. Some of us tip out hats to the fighters who can actually pull some of those impressive feats they do against professional fighters.

I dont think most on sherdog are making pretty moves out to be anything else but that. Also Browne is a good fighter but he seems to not know how to put it all together. He also needs better cardio and a new boxing coach.

Last edited by EmeliankoFan1; 04-19-2014 at 10:45 PM.
EmeliankoFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 10:37 PM   #12
undecoded

White Belt

I guess you haven't been around here enough.

I want to fuckI want to fight Chuck. Fuck Chuck! - Wanderlei Silva
undecoded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 10:40 PM   #13
lookslikeseen

White Belt

What did the pro's picks look like again?

lookslikeseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 10:40 PM   #14
Crytek

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by undecoded View Post
I guess you haven't been around here enough.
I haven't actually. This is my first account and I don't post as often. I'm working on it though. I guess I'm a little hypocritical because I'm trying to be a sherdogger now.

JDS: "I've never seen such thing, it seems he [Cain] never gets tired."

DC: "Cain Is mentally the toughest guy I ever met"
Crytek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 10:40 PM   #15
TH1RTE3N

Brown Belt

Khabib is a much more appropriate example after tonight. Travis Browne has beaten bigger names and shown some serious heart and mounted comebacks that should have proved he's legit. Browne has at least been secured in the top 10 and 5 for some time as well. He just lost to the better fighter tonight and losing to a #2 guy like Werdum isn't really a huge "derailing".

Khabib on the other hand hasn't really fought established UFC fighters yet, but he's crowned as the next title holder without wins against any notable fighters in his division like Donald Cerrone, TJ Grant, Benson Henderson, Michael Johnson, Erik Koch, Gilbert Melendez, Josh Thomson and Anthony Pettis. Now THAT'S being easily impressed. I'm honestly not sure if RdA deserved that #5 ranking but I suppose his streak was good enough in the UFCs eyes.

Last edited by TH1RTE3N; 04-19-2014 at 11:00 PM.
TH1RTE3N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 10:49 PM   #16
longafan

Orange Belt

vCash: 200
Well, the sherdog poll for the Werdum/Browne fight, in contrast to the tweety poll, was just about even, think Sherdoggers even voted just in favor of Werdum.

longafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 10:50 PM   #17
Sdeaf

Orange Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crytek View Post
I haven't actually. This is my first account and I don't post as often. I'm working on it though. I guess I'm a little hypocritical because I'm trying to be a sherdogger now.
Making broad generalizations and blowing things out of proportion? You're a natural sherdogger.

Sdeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 11:04 PM   #18
trident

Purple Belt

Yeah given that sherdog average age is probably 15, I think it goes with the territory.

Events attended: UFC 151, UFC 176
trident is offline   Reply With Quote