Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > Muay Thai and Kickboxing

Muay Thai and Kickboxing Fist and Feet Fighting Forum Discussion.

Old 08-18-2014, 10:35 AM   #61
Brocktirement
Banned

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesport View Post
Utter nonsense.
good response, just cal it nonsense without explaining

a teep is much more simple......you don't stand as sideways as when you use a sidekick

how many guys have you seen throw side kicks with both legs? and how many teeps with both legs

It's clear you haven't trained or fought much yourself......a teep is way easier to throw than a side kick.....especially with your front leg

Brocktirement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:53 AM   #62
Snubnoze707
มวยไทย

Snubnoze707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:54 AM   #63
Brocktirement
Banned

yeah so? you prove my point....he's standing sideways and throws it only with his right leg

now show me gifs where a guy uses both legs to teep

Old 08-18-2014, 10:59 AM   #64
Snubnoze707
มวยไทย

He pivoted sideways out of his normal stance. Pretty easy to do, and popped out a sidekick with his lead leg. I don't have any gifs ready to go to support it but you can do the same with the rear leg and even mask it as a round kick. You'll also see a lot of Thais throw a sidekick off the rear leg when they miss a round kick.

Old 08-18-2014, 11:02 AM   #65
Brocktirement
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snubnoze707 View Post
He pivoted sideways out of his normal stance. Pretty easy to do, and popped out a sidekick with his lead leg. I don't have any gifs ready to go to support it but you can do the same with the rear leg and even mask it as a round kick. You'll also see a lot of Thais throw a sidekick off the rear leg when they miss a round kick.
go back and read every post that I made in this thread

you say: he pivoted sideways out of normal stance

thanks again for proving my point....... a teep can be thrown by both legs in the normal stance.....either directly or by stepping in

a side kick is much more difficult to throw from basic stance and much more difficult to throw with both legs.......using one example of someone who mastered the side kick isn't going to disprove logic.....especially when he does it just with the back leg

a side kick with your weak leg is quite difficult

Old 08-18-2014, 11:08 AM   #66
whitesport

Brown Belt

A side kick is about the easiest kick to pull off with both feet, by far, maybe a soccer kick comes close. Ofcourse you prefer one leg depending on your stance because it has the same point of impact, so why make an extra unnecessary step / pivot? That doesn´t make it harder to execute.

Sometimes i ask myself if he´s really that stupid or just plays the retarded.

- Andy Ristie

Last edited by whitesport; 08-18-2014 at 11:16 AM.
whitesport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 11:17 AM   #67
Snubnoze707
มวยไทย

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocktirement View Post
go back and read every post that I made in this thread

you say: he pivoted sideways out of normal stance

thanks again for proving my point....... a teep can be thrown by both legs in the normal stance.....either directly or by stepping in

a side kick is much more difficult to throw from basic stance and much more difficult to throw with both legs.......using one example of someone who mastered the side kick isn't going to disprove logic.....especially when he does it just with the back leg

a side kick with your weak leg is quite difficult
How is lifting your leg and pivoting some complicated thing? A regular teep is quicker, but the pivoting and full hip extension gives it more push and force. Obviously utilize all techniques if they're there. And if you're allowing for the stepping in of a teep that just makes a sidekick that much easier.

Saenchai is a southpaw, that's his lead right leg.

Old 08-18-2014, 11:29 AM   #68
whitesport

Brown Belt

* waiting until Wacktirement finished studying youtube instructional vids *

- Andy Ristie
whitesport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 08:57 AM   #69
Kanka

Blue Belt

Gambling keep muay thai alive, though

Kanka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 06:41 AM   #70
boneclutcher

Orange Belt

Spinning kicks are most effective in fighting systems with a sideway stance which enables the kicker to execure his kick faster with les rotation needed.

Spinkicks in Muay Thai are allowed but seldom used simply because of the Thai fighting stance facing your opponent and their ability to cover up..also their incredible sense of distance and reach. Very difficult to surprise someone like that with a spinning kick that way.

boneclutcher is offline   Reply With Quote