Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 06-21-2014, 03:25 AM   #41
Jawth

Black Belt

vCash: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRIDEoftheUFC View Post
Not disagreeing with your opinion as a whole because I think this card sucks balls, but what about Kennedy vs Natal?
Kennedy and Natal were both coming off of wins. Tim had just outgrappled Roger Gracie, and had won four of his last five fights with the loss being to Luke Rockhold. Now, it's true that Natal isn't an amazing fighter, but he still had won three straight in the UFC.

Not only are Te-Huna and Marquardt both coming off of multiple losses, they were blown out of the water in those losses.

Old 06-21-2014, 03:35 AM   #42
Jawth

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by juddy96 View Post
Pearson vs. Sotiropoulos?
This one is very close, you may have gotten me.

I'd still say that Te-Huna/Marquardt is worse though as Pearson/G-Sot was the main event because of their TUF season and Pearson was only coming off of a single loss.

Old 06-21-2014, 10:29 AM   #43
BJ@LW&WW

Red Belt

vCash: 50
lol@this jawth character..

BJ@LW&WW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:42 AM   #44
MCS
human movement expert

vCash: 500
Hioki/Do Bronx is the best fight, the main event is decent. That's about it, card's horrid.

MCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 12:00 PM   #45
Jawth

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ@LW&WW View Post
lol@this jawth character..
Find me a worse main event, up to ten years back. Two guys coming off back to back stoppage losses, both are moving weightclasses. Literally any Bellator title fight is a superior main event.

There isn't a single top ten fighter on the entire card, and I believe there's only one top fifteen fighter (Soa). The people saying this is a good card are just as bad as the people who bitch and moan about every card no matter how good it is. This is a run of the mill Bellator quality card.