Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 07-17-2014, 08:42 PM   #321
devilfisted

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IngaVovchanchyn View Post
I would imagine Cain would say the same thing about rolling with Mighty Mouse. Given that P4P lists exist to consider the relative skillfulness of fighters while ignoring the significant physical advantages, it is not as big a stretch as most of you are making it to include Rousey.

I personally would prefer a separate list for women, but half of Sherdog is in denial about the extensive use of the imagination already necessary to talk about Mighty Mouse being a better fighter than Cain.
Hey no using reason around here missy. Over here guys, I found one of those brain thinking thought folkes. Get her !

devilfisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:51 PM   #322
MilesAbove
MODAFFERI MOBSTER

vCash: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilfisted View Post
Hey no using reason around here missy. Over here guys, I found one of those brain thinking thought folkes. Get her !

Old 07-17-2014, 08:58 PM   #323
h0lydiver

Purple Belt

what about that bodybuilder/grappler woman in the picture from TUF brazil with Wanderlei? She doesn't appear to be a woman, but if she is....

h0lydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 12:32 AM   #324
BigMuffler

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Gruber View Post
So now you have to resort to name calling. hahaha

I already repeated myself to you 3 times. Pound for pound does not mean "division dominance"

For the last time it means that if all fighters weighed the same then the #1 ranked PFP fighter would be the best. It has nothing to do with division dominance.

Ronda doesn't belong on the list because even if she was 185 pounds....every male 185er would beat her.

Women should have a separate P4P list.

So I am the "dumbass" even though you ar ethe one trying to change the meaning of PFP. Unbelievable...

This poster said it best:
Read my response to that poster.

Also you actually reported me for calling you a dumbass, boy are you sensitive lol.

Old 07-18-2014, 12:34 AM   #325
BigMuffler

Black Belt

And I'm not 'trying to change the meaning of the term', that's THE CRITERIA THEY ARE USING FOR THEIR 'P4P' LIST. Tell them to change the name of their list if you're that stuck on the sacred concept of 'pound for pound'.

Old 07-18-2014, 12:55 AM   #326
Kinku

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtwpg View Post
I've been around for a while. I remember 25 years or so ago the experts looked at how's women's times in the marathon were improving compared to men's, and told us that women should be running faster marathons than men within a few decades.

Anyone want to hazard a guess how that one turned out?
I understand what you trying to point out but I was thinking skill set of wmma. I never expect women to fight a male in the ufc. Not sure why a lot of people like to say male are stronger and faster than females when it really does not matter in wmma. Unless you are Fallon fox

Kinku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 07:05 PM   #327
rindan***
Banned

there is much idiocy on both sides

nobody is seriously arguing that ronda rousey could beat a ufc fighter in her weight class

then there are some morons trying to say she would get beat by any athletic male cause they are teh menz

rindan*** is offline   Reply With Quote