Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 11-22-2013, 02:42 PM   #51
eworden78

Red Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Shaun View Post
I just have to disagree with you on a couple of these examples. I've seen Glover in person, and had a conversation with Matt Hughes in person in 2006, Glover is not an average size LHW, he's upper tier of height/size in this division. He has more height and reach than both Chuck Liddell and Forrest Griffen, with more size than both as well, and both were considered big for LHW. My guess is Bones would not look as muscular as some of these guys, but I guarantee his reach/height would tower over some of the fighters mentioned.

As for Matt, they always listed him at 5' 9", and he' only about 5' 6"-5' 7" at best. I'm 5' 9", and I'm a good half a head taller than him in the picture I have with him. He's really not as bulky as you would think either, not like he was portrayed to be in his prime on UFC broadcasts. He would be small by today's WW standards, and if you watch his fight with Thiago Alves from 5-6 years ago, you can see it then, Matt looke like a LW in the cage with Thiago.

Other than that, you're correct on your other assessments, just a gradual progression over time.
I've never seen Glover in person, but I've never personally ever seen anything to make me consider him a "big LHW".
He's listed at 6'-2" and doesn't look as though he cuts a ton of weight.

Old 11-22-2013, 02:57 PM   #52
Mikeyz

Silver Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by akutz1 View Post
Bigger, stronger, faster
Can't argue with that.

cute and yet sexy

fun but not crazy

sexy but not slutty

tough but not butchy

Gina FTMFW.
Mikeyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 01:59 PM   #53
IAC

Silver Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPain View Post
Lesnar thread... move along.
Nothing to see.
I disagree with TS, but why such prejudice towards Lesnar threads? He played a big role in MMA, he shouldn't be ignored in the history of the sport.

IAC is offline   Reply With Quote