Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > The Wasteland

The Wasteland Pro Wrestling, Fantasy Matchups, Rehashed MMA, Chat threads, etc.

Old 09-26-2013, 12:34 PM   #11
Majin Vegeta
Banned

vCash: 500
I guess TS didn't get the memo that post number and join date do not equal post quality.

Majin Vegeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:41 PM   #12
bullfish

Green Belt

Bendo still said ,"I can do ALL things through Christ. " And you sir are a jackass

bullfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:43 PM   #13
hendobomb

Orange Belt

jesus=good/win

satan=bad/lose

... eddie is free! kinda

http://sonnenswar.masatotoys.com/#episode1

http://masatotoys.freeforums.org/

join the evolution

much hespect to the green lantern
hendobomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:46 PM   #14
leolozon

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorvswanderlei View Post
I wonder the same for religious people who cry at a funeral. It's selfish especially if they truly believe their loved one is in a better place.

Bendo should've thanked Jesus for his loss.
Deep down inside, I wonder if they truly believe in a god and heaven. How do you explain the number of catholic priests who raped children? It looks bad when your first servants don't even seem to truly believe in you or hell....

Oh sorry, I got that wrong. A rapist or murder who says sorry before dying will go to heaven, but the atheist that did good all his life will go to hell, right?

leolozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 01:09 PM   #15
Majin Vegeta
Banned

QUOTE: "Deep down inside, I wonder if they truly believe in a god and heaven. How do you explain the number of catholic priests who raped children? It looks bad when your first servants don't even seem to truly believe in you or hell....

Oh sorry, I got that wrong. A rapist or murder who says sorry before dying will go to heaven, but the atheist that did good all his life will go to hell, right?"

(I realise I have quoted wrong)

It is unfortunate a generalisation is perceived acceptable, namely regarding Christians, albeit if a poster mentioned a generalisation concerning a certain race of people they are deemed racist or bigot. I honestly believe this thread was intended to bash a religious ideology, notably Christianity, which seems to be the common trend on Sherdog.

Further, you seem to be intent on justifying a what you seem to conceive as proper assessment of Christianity where 'A rapist or murder who says sorry before dying will go to heaven'. However, it is you own opinion and I must respect it, no matter how misinformed such opinion is. Clearly, there have been cases of Catholic priests abusing people, but why do you conveniently omit such conduct being performed by other persons of different religious ideologies and those of no religion. Does this mean that an 'atheist' is certain not to commit indecent acts toward children, or even any type of infringement.

Indeed, you seem to equate a person that adheres to religion, in this case a Catholic, in a negative light such as a 'rapist' or 'murderer' being absolved for their trespasses, albeit the atheist certainly 'did good all his life'. I have always found it humorous where in some instances Christians are accused of indoctrinating others with the religious views, especially a common criticism towards Benson, however an 'atheist' is not condemned when they inform other users of their views towards religion, note this reasoning is not a generalisation, as above-mentioned in some instances I have experienced or noticed.

I will reiterate, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, however it is unfair to only stereotype religious people while other groups, may it be races, same sex peoples etc. are not as freely condemned.

Last edited by Majin Vegeta; 09-26-2013 at 01:32 PM.
Majin Vegeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 01:19 PM   #16
Baseball Choke

Brown Belt

vCash: 265
Pretty sure Anthony did it for him.

Old 09-26-2013, 01:49 PM   #17
leolozon

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin Vegeta View Post
QUOTE: "Deep down inside, I wonder if they truly believe in a god and heaven. How do you explain the number of catholic priests who raped children? It looks bad when your first servants don't even seem to truly believe in you or hell....

Oh sorry, I got that wrong. A rapist or murder who says sorry before dying will go to heaven, but the atheist that did good all his life will go to hell, right?"

(I realise I have quoted wrong)

It is unfortunate a generalisation is perceived acceptable, namely regarding Christians, albeit if a poster mentioned a generalisation concerning a certain race of people they are deemed 'racist' or 'bigot'. I honestly believe this thread was intended to bash a religious ideology, notably Christianity, which seems to be the common trend on Sherdog.

Further, you seem to be intent on justifying a what you seem to conceive as proper assessment of Christianity where 'A rapist or murder who says sorry before dying will go to heaven'. However, it is you own opinion and I must respect it, no matter how misinformed such opinion is. Clearly, there have been cases of Catholic priests abusing people, but why do you conveniently omit such conduct being performed by other persons of different religious ideologies and those of no religion. Does this mean that an 'atheist' is certain not to commit indecent acts toward children, or even any type of infringement.

Indeed, you seem to equate a person that adheres to religion, in this case a Catholic, in a negative light such as a 'rapist' or 'murder' being absolved for their trespasses, albeit the atheist certainly 'did good all his life'. I have always found it humorous where in some instances Christians are accused of indoctrinating others with the religious views, especially a common criticism towards Benson, however an 'atheist' is not condemned when they inform other users of their views towards religion, note this reasoning is not a generalisation, as above-mentioned in some instances I have experienced or noticed.

I will reiterate, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, however it is unfair to only stereotype religious people while other groups, may it be races, same sex peoples etc. are not as freely condemned.
So, if I don't say something, you take for that I think it doesn't exist? "Hey, you didn't talk about aliens committing crimes, so you think aliens don't commit crimes!!!" Atheist commit crimes. You really need me to say it when it wasn't the point?

The only mistake I did was write "his first servants" instead of "some of his first servants".

As for "the atheist who did good all his life", why do you believe I speak of all atheists? When I say, "the atheist who did good all his life", I'm speaking of "atheists who did good all their life". And when I say "murderers and rapists", why would you think it doesn't include those that are atheists? The point was about believers who act weirdly even though they are supposed to believe in heaven. The other poster talked about believers being sad when someone die when they shouldn't be sad. I talked about priests who commit atrocious crime without caring about the notion of heaven or hell, or being judged by a supreme beings. Atheist don't think they will be judged by a supreme being, do they?

You took my idea and added things that were not there, and then you argue against that new idea you created.

As for "the murderer who says sorry (or repent if you want to go further) will go to heaven". I'm not sure how it's my opinion on Chistianity. It's in the Bible. You don't think a murderer will be saved if he turns to god and repent? Now if you want me to use repent instead of "sorry', I have no problem with that. Repent is deeper and just saying sorry wouldn't be enough. It's still the same problem of morality.

Here are things from the bible :

1- Jesus save the criminal on the cross who acknowledged what he did wrong and turned to god.

2-
Romans 10:9
if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved...

3-
Romans 10:13
"WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED."

leolozon is offline   Reply With Quote