Originally Posted by MeatballMagnus
My reasons why he could
1. Great top game and overall grappling skills
2. Power in both hands and ability to time his strikes
3. Solid chin and tough as they come...like you said he'll make it a dog fight
4. He's gonna bring it to Jones
5. He has good offensive head movement.
Why he could be beaten
1. He's slow, and not light on his feet enough
2. He hasn't fought any legit kickers yet
3. He's fighting one of the worlds best
4. He's not fast enough to get in without taking some shots
5. He plods forward a little too much
This is a sharp analysis, and it explains why I'm picking Jones. Glover has beautiful striking and grappling technique. He does all the little things right, and he sticks to his gameplans with a fair amount of discipline. But I think he's too methodical to beat Jones.
Jones can do things that most other fighters can't , so I think the guy who beats him is going to need to pull a rabbit out of his hat. To me, the guy who beats Jones will need to be somebody like Anderson, Machida, Pettis, etc. Somebody who is a brilliant technical fighter, but is also extremely creative. It needs to be somebody who can throw combos at Jones that he's never seen before, and couldn't be prepared to defend against. That guy isn't Glover.