Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 08-08-2014, 11:24 AM   #61
Darth Arlovski

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfsHowl View Post
I suppose accounts from numerous witnesses don't qualify as "facts" to you, but then again, anything you disagree with isn't considered a "fact" either.

Try harder bro.
Lol is that your response 'numerous witnesses'. Yeah I guess that's fair after all I only have that to back up my statement too. Jones has defeated all the guys the UFC has thrown at him. I have to rely on a few million 'witnesses' but yeah the rumors you heard about these supposed drawn fights DC and Cain have on a regular basis totally shut my argument down after all you have inside knowledge of what really goes on, you're a virtually fly on the wall!!!!

The rumors you heard > facts

Darth Arlovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 11:42 AM   #62
TheWolfsHowl

Brown Belt

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Arlovski View Post
Lol is that your response 'numerous witnesses'. Yeah I guess that's fair after all I only have that to back up my statement too. Jones has defeated all the guys the UFC has thrown at him. I have to rely on a few million 'witnesses' but yeah the rumors you heard about these supposed drawn fights DC and Cain have on a regular basis totally shut my argument down after all you have inside knowledge of what really goes on, you're a virtually fly on the wall!!!!

The rumors you heard > facts
rofl

alright.

According to you, people watching Jones fight are witnesses to DC and Cain sparring.

Do you understand the concept of logic, or do you just kinda of say things with no regard for wtf it is you're saying?

that's a rhetorical question, I think we both already know the answer.

May He grant His blessings upon the War Wagon of Daniel Cormier.

Sig bet with Lelouch for Jones/DC.

WAR DC
TheWolfsHowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 11:59 AM   #63
Darth Arlovski

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfsHowl View Post
rofl

alright.

According to you, people watching Jones fight are witnesses to DC and Cain sparring.

Do you understand the concept of logic, or do you just kinda of say things with no regard for wtf it is you're saying?

that's a rhetorical question, I think we both already know the answer.
My point is your whole argument is based on the 'fact' that DC and Cain regularly 'fight' to a draw. That is not a fact, it is a rumor you've heard. You don't have an argument. You're fairly new hear so I'll cut you some slack. You're making the classic Sherdog mistake of using opinions and rumors as arguments. Don't give up though kid you'll pull through.

Darth Arlovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 12:03 PM   #64
theheater

Red Belt

vCash: 230
i think jones beats gus in a rematch but i obv hope he doesnt

right now i think DC has the best chance. the reason gus had so much success is because he was the first guy with the tools to deal with jones reach. most people think dc has short limbs and therefore he wont be able to deal with the reach. i disagree. unlike most guys jones has fought DC will be happy to close the distance and clinch up. jones previous opponents had a ton of trouble trying to get inside jones reach but also avoid the clinch. DC will happily engage jones which will make striking with him a lot less difficult

DC needs to have cains fighting style and plan in this fight. good news is he has been training with cain his whole career and has the tools to do it. jones reach will be a disadvantage pressed up against the cage and on his back. thats where dc wants and needs to take this fight. DC has big power and the combo of power and pressure is something bones has never had to deal with. hes not a counter fighter

i think the fight will play out one of 3 ways

1) competitive early. DC fades
2) competitive early. DC doesnt fade
3) DC pressures and pounds on jones

i really dont see jones beating up DC early. if i had to pick a winner in this fight and put everything on the line id have to take jones though. hes good everywhere and proven he can go 5 rounds. theres still a lot of questions with DC. I believe he can do it but without actually seeing him train with cain its kind of speculation as to weather he can grind with the best for 25 minutes

-Cosmo Kramer 1997
theheater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 12:18 PM   #65
DrGlaze

I'd say The Hippo and Liam McGeary are our only hopes.

DrGlaze is offline   Reply With Quote