Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 09-17-2014, 04:50 AM   #251
skombolis

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UJustGotChaeld View Post
Brady is the GSP of Football .. and unfortunately that punk Manning is the Anderson Silva. Which one is the GOAT .. sigh too close to call.
I hated Manning for so long that I finally had no choice but to like him

They thought he was done and all he did in response is turn Denver into one of the best teams in football even at his age.

Although I started siding with him after that whole FG kicker nonsense when people were trying to say Manning wasn't passionate about winning because he responded nonchalantly to the FG kicker telling him "hey let's you and me go out and win this thing tomorrow". It amazed me people didn't understand it had nothing to do with his passion and everything to do with not feeling the FG kicker was right up there with the QB as the two guys leading them to victory. Yeah FGs lead to points but they come on the field after the work is done. Probably why after that stupid comment throwing his QB under the bus despite him being one of the best FG kickers in the league on a great streak they got rid of his ass and nobody missed him and he was never news again

But yeah, it still is hard to give it up to Manning over Brady for me! I watched Brady throughout his college career and was stoked to see him drafter in the 6th round. Obviously even more so to see what he turned into. There are a bunch of Michigan QBs that didn't tear it up in college because they ran so much that have gone on to NFL success. I love it

Old 09-17-2014, 05:02 AM   #252
BigGucciSosa

Purple Belt

8/31/2014

#TheFappening
BigGucciSosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 05:12 AM   #253
UJustGotChaeld

Red Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by skombolis View Post
I hated Manning for so long that I finally had no choice but to like him

They thought he was done and all he did in response is turn Denver into one of the best teams in football even at his age.

Although I started siding with him after that whole FG kicker nonsense when people were trying to say Manning wasn't passionate about winning because he responded nonchalantly to the FG kicker telling him "hey let's you and me go out and win this thing tomorrow". It amazed me people didn't understand it had nothing to do with his passion and everything to do with not feeling the FG kicker was right up there with the QB as the two guys leading them to victory. Yeah FGs lead to points but they come on the field after the work is done. Probably why after that stupid comment throwing his QB under the bus despite him being one of the best FG kickers in the league on a great streak they got rid of his ass and nobody missed him and he was never news again

But yeah, it still is hard to give it up to Manning over Brady for me! I watched Brady throughout his college career and was stoked to see him drafter in the 6th round. Obviously even more so to see what he turned into. There are a bunch of Michigan QBs that didn't tear it up in college because they ran so much that have gone on to NFL success. I love it
Such a quality post. I despite Manning as a person, but can't deny his skills as a QB. We are lucky to have lived through arguably the 2 best QB's of all time going head to head.

(GSP has) established himself as #1. Over Anderson and everyone else. Including Fedor.
UJustGotChaeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 05:21 AM   #254
Goonerview

vCash: 512
has this been posted yet?

Chael Sonnen "... I promise you if I go down, I will go like a Gangsta ..."
Machida,
Frank Mir
Goonerview is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 05:25 AM   #255
Goonerview

vCash: 512

Chael Sonnen "... I promise you if I go down, I will go like a Gangsta ..."
Machida,
Frank Mir
Goonerview is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 06:00 AM   #256
skombolis

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by UJustGotChaeld View Post
Such a quality post. I despite Manning as a person, but can't deny his skills as a QB. We are lucky to have lived through arguably the 2 best QB's of all time going head to head.
Thx

And yeah, what a great rivalry

He did have a pretty funny SNL skit too

Its only like a minute, check it out!

Have a good one

Old 09-19-2014, 08:43 AM   #257
TGArthur

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGucciSosa View Post

HAHAHA! Wtf why did he go for his crotch?

Asking someone from the UK an opinion on who would win vs Dan Hardy or Semtex is like asking an insurance salesman's opinion if you need insurance.
TGArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 08:51 AM   #258
TGArthur

Brown Belt

Man this thread needs to be archived! All these epic high five fail gifs must not get lost!

Asking someone from the UK an opinion on who would win vs Dan Hardy or Semtex is like asking an insurance salesman's opinion if you need insurance.
TGArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 09:29 AM   #259
pick999

Purple Belt

vCash: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongSlenderBody View Post

What other embarrassing moments do you remember from fighters on camera during UFC broadcast?

pick999 is offline   Reply With Quote