Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 05-14-2014, 12:11 AM   #201
BREEDmonkey

Orange Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rematch View Post
Of course your cousin's situation is a bit different. It's not like CL Guy bought the item's from Tito and now Tito is claiming thievery. CL Guy bought the items from an auctioneer that provided him with a receipt. In this case the onus is on Tito to prove that the items were illegally sold.
Incorrect. There still has to be proof of transfer between Tito and whoever owned the locker (if it wasn't Tito). Without proof those objects are still Tito's property and you cant sell someone's property without their consent. In reality we have so little to go on that I don't know why we're arguing about it. Legally however, if it wasn't Tito's locker, and there is no proof of transfer, its still Titos property.

BREEDmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 05:33 AM   #202
suffersystem

Orange Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BREEDmonkey View Post
Incorrect. There still has to be proof of transfer between Tito and whoever owned the locker (if it wasn't Tito). Without proof those objects are still Tito's property and you cant sell someone's property without their consent. In reality we have so little to go on that I don't know why we're arguing about it. Legally however, if it wasn't Tito's locker, and there is no proof of transfer, its still Titos property.
I'd still say it up to Tito to prove it though. He can't just say they were stolen without proof that they were. It's not up to buddy to go about proving he didn't buy property that someone else had stolen. That just doesn't make any sense what so ever. Tito has the burden of proof that his stuff was taken, other than just saying so. You don't just happen to have a truckload of stuff stolen and be like meh, I am sure it'll show up, no need to tell anybody or get the police involved, I'll just tell them when it comes up.

I have sold many a guitars over the last few years, and if this is the case, then whenever I see an old guitar come up for sale I'll just say it's mine and they will have to investigate and come up with proof that no one did steal it from me, even though I have no evidence that it was indeed stolen. i can make a killing.

Old 05-14-2014, 01:58 PM   #203
Arkain2K
Si vis pacem, para bellum

vCash: 3037
Since this is still relatively an MMA forum...

I hope none of those allegely stolen goods would be used as an excuse when Tito loses to Shlemenko.

I Survived "TPF 10: Let the Stream Fail".
Arkain2K is offline   Reply With Quote