Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 08-20-2014, 10:43 PM   #41
daydaystyles

Blue Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintSoldier View Post
I'd prefer a point deduction for every takedown.
Can't be serious

daydaystyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:46 PM   #42
aRtFuL

Brown Belt

No play ***** in MMA plz

aRtFuL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:52 PM   #43
wowspare

Purple Belt

Only on fucking Sherdog haha

wowspare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 11:03 PM   #44
spid3yo

vCash: 5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagitarian View Post
Yeah thats very important. I think people would against something like this to be implemented because they think guys on bottom will just hold guard and wait for the inevitable stand up. By punishing the top guy for simply lay on top and not doing anything meaningful, and punishing the bottom guy for just holding on, both guys have to stay active and offensive or lose a point. Thats why I think stall calls and point deductions would work better. You're not rewarding the bottom guy with a free stand up and you're forcing both guys to work.
There is already a stand up rewarded for holding on the ground. It may not be 60 seconds but it exists. The real problem is fans like to blame the wrestler when the reality is the blame goes to the fighter on bottom who can't stop a takedown or can't get up. You like to say punishing the guy on top for not doing anything....he's ON TOP, that IS something. If you want to make it not winning, start getting active with your guard, threaten with submissions, learn to get up, or don't end up there in the first place.

Not change the rules not every fighter can do it.

Old 08-20-2014, 11:12 PM   #45
Vagitarian

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by spid3yo View Post
There is already a stand up rewarded for holding on the ground. It may not be 60 seconds but it exists. The real problem is fans like to blame the wrestler when the reality is the blame goes to the fighter on bottom who can't stop a takedown or can't get up. You like to say punishing the guy on top for not doing anything....he's ON TOP, that IS something. If you want to make it not winning, start getting active with your guard, threaten with submissions, learn to get up, or don't end up there in the first place.

Not change the rules not every fighter can do it.
Being on top doesn't do anything in wrestling. You could points for a takedown, and at the end of the match the guy who spent the most time on top gets a point. So all these wrestlers, coming from a sport that doesn't tolerate laziness and sitting on top doing nothing are coming into a sport that seems to encourage it. Of course they're not gonna advance position, they have nor reason to.

Rules dont only enforce safety, they also encourage competition and action. Stand ups were the first things to avoid really boring fights.

You seem like you never wrestled so I don't why you're acting like you know anything.

And you have dubs.

Vagitarian is offline   Reply With Quote