Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 12-29-2013, 06:32 AM   #41
0vary hugger
Banned

vCash: 50
True,Ramadan is far away.

0vary hugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 06:38 AM   #42
Sp@cePeanut

Green Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneManGang99 View Post
Fedor & Jon Jones went on impressive runs too, but against top competition GSP might have the best run. The problem is he never finished fights like Fedor, Jones, & Silva.
I think Jones is too young to compare for now. But Anderson and Fedor stayed too long....as did Georges....It just sucks that all of our guys who we recognize a champs are done.

GSP did a smart thing I think....we are witnessing a turnover in MMA.

Old 12-29-2013, 06:40 AM   #43
Jocke

Brown Belt

vCash: 396
There can be multiple GOATs.

Would you say Muhammed Ali is not a GOAT in boxing because he lost his last two? Anderson will always be a GOAT, but everyone gets old and unless they retire on top they will lose sooner or later.

Jocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:06 AM   #44
Sirwastealot

Brown Belt

I disagree. It's not too early to have a GOAT.

And the status can always change in the future. MMA fans are just too fickle and, unfortunately, not very smart.

- Tabarnakos
Sirwastealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:15 AM   #45
SharkBaitHaole

White Belt

If Jones don't get sidetracked by drugs, lifestyle, and other pitfalls, and keep on the straight and narrow, I can't see anyone beating him for the next 3-5 years.

He got too many physical tools. He just used it so effectively against Rua, and Rua is no slouch, but he looked like an amateur against Jones.

If Jones remain focus and keep the trajectory he is currently on, he will go down as one of the all-time greats. Maybe top 3-5 in my opinion, but only time will tell.

Old 12-29-2013, 07:19 AM   #46
Sirwastealot

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkBaitHaole View Post

If Jones don't get sidetracked by drugs, lifestyle, and other pitfalls, and keep on the straight and narrow, I can't see anyone beating him for the next 3-5 years.

He got too many physical tools. He just used it so effectively against Rua, and Rua is no slouch, but he looked like an amateur against Jones.

If Jones remain focus and keep the trajectory he is currently on, he will go down as one of the all-time greats. Maybe top 3-5 in my opinion, but only time will tell.

You can do this with most champs. Even weidman. 11-0 with two wins over Anderson freaking silva, in hindsight that will be huge on his resume. Also wins over Maia, Munoz and who knows how many others in the future. Jones has done more yes, but hes also looked more vulnerable against Gus. Too early to talk about the next 3-5 years.

Fedor and Anderson prove themselves over a decade. They both deserve to be in that discussion.

- Tabarnakos
Sirwastealot is offline   Reply With Quote