Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 09-23-2013, 09:25 AM   #51
Arm Barbarian

Blue Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsieur_jj View Post
reminds me when they boo lennox when lennox destroyed vitalis face, i dont think they boo jones they boo the decision had gus won they wont boo jones during his interview
I'm sure the decision is the main reason they were booing, but they even booed after Jones said "god bless you all". lol.

To me, WHATEVER the decision was, both he and Gus poured everything they had into that fight and put on a highly entertaining fight, and endured such punishment that I am kind of baffled as to why they would still be booing like that. Even the decision, as this was a competitive, close fight.

Guess the crowd is a tough one to figure out. heh

Arm Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:56 AM   #52
egk

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilfirin View Post
Yeah let's not even compare the two.
Why's that? I didn't compare them anyway. Just the extreme level of hate they get much of it for supposedly the same reasons.
While Jones isn't yet in the same league with Ali as a fighter, he most certainly isn't in the same league as far as ego and arrogance either. And I was a huge fan of Ali. Yet to listen to the haters you'd think Jones was in a league all his own for those things.

egk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:05 AM   #53
peppo
Member of the YES!!! Revolution

Fans, in general, are fucking idiots. So yeah, I agree with you. I wouldn't mind seeing every person that has ever booed a fighter for a decision victory get knocked the fuck out.

Old 09-23-2013, 10:08 AM   #54
Arm Barbarian

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppo View Post
Fans, in general, are fucking idiots. So yeah, I agree with you. I wouldn't mind seeing every person that has ever booed a fighter for a decision victory get knocked the fuck out.
lol!!

I tell you what, I seriously doubt that 99% of those folks booing would do that right in front of the fighters face that they are booing. This aint the WWE. heh

Arm Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote