Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 02-10-2014, 01:12 PM   #191
MaTaLa

vCash: 5212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanshire View Post
lol Don't be so gullible. What's he doing? Is he starting a fighters union? Is he telling Dana "I'm not signing a new contract unless these certain stipulations are met for all the UFC fighters"? Nope. He's not doing jack for other fighters. This is just another angle for Jones to be a hypocrite and look out for himself while trying to spin it that he's high and mighty and really looking out for others. Eat it up.
LOL, well, that certainly seems like a completely unbiased view.

I don't how anyone can formulate a logic based opinion on what that article presents.
But don't that let that stop you promoting your agenda of "Jones sucks".

Anthony "Rumble" Johnson is a beast
MaTaLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 01:18 PM   #192
LongTermLurker
"Et tu, Brute?"

vCash: 500
Quote:
Try to spin it any way you want, but the fact is Jones was the one who was paid to carry that card and he failed to do it. He failed to do it against an opponent he should've beaten because he is scared to death of losing when he doesn't get a long time to specifically plan for another fighter, even if that other fighter is inferior. No other UFC champion has ever done that in the history of the sport because they know it's their responsibility to carry the card. I'd like cards to be deeper too, but champions who are headlining have a responsibility that they're paid well for and Jones failed his. No other UFC champ has done that. Keep kidding yourself.
So what responsibility does the the promoter have? None/ 1%, just curious?

Lots of cards have lost main events but few have ever been as thin as 151. I disagree with JJ's choice but I am okay with him making it. UFC makes it clear that every fighter is an independent contractor. As such they can decide to sign to fight or not.

Dana can put shit together and the fighters should do whatever he asks to save the card?

Old 02-10-2014, 01:33 PM   #193
DickNiaz1
Banned

Jones better be careful, he could be cut after his next loss. Jones is one of the very last fighters who should be representing or a role model for other fighters. Him and Thiago Silva are on the same level. At least Silva is honest.

DickNiaz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 01:34 PM   #194
Lanshire

Silver Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTaLa View Post
LOL, well, that certainly seems like a completely unbiased view.

I don't how anyone can formulate a logic based opinion on what that article presents.
But don't that let that stop you promoting your agenda of "Jones sucks".
Oh, I don't think he sucks. I think he's probably the best LHW of all time. I enjoy watching him fight. In many ways he's a special fighter.

I used to be a fan (go ahead and check my post history if you don't believe me) but the guy is an arrogant hypocrite and there is a ton of evidence for that. When someone shows me what he's doing to help other fighters like he's suggesting, I'll be happy to give him credit for it. Until then it just seems like another angle - he's trying to get more for himself and pretending it's "for the fighters". Nothing wrong with trying to look out for himself, but let's not pretend it's for others.

Old 02-10-2014, 01:43 PM   #195
MaTaLa

vCash: 5212
Quote:
Oh, I don't think he sucks. I think he's probably the best LHW of all time. I enjoy watching him fight. In many ways he's a special fighter.

I used to be a fan (go ahead and check my post history if you don't believe me) but the guy is an arrogant hypocrite and there is a ton of evidence for that. When someone shows me what he's doing to help other fighters like he's suggesting, I'll be happy to give him credit for it. Until then it just seems like another angle - he's trying to get more for himself and pretending it's "for the fighters". Nothing wrong with trying to look out for himself, but let's not pretend it's for others.
I agree there's no evidence but the quote in the article. But there's no evidence of him just talking the talking here to make himself look good, either. If fact, there's no evidence of anything, tbh. I thought it was a poor article to publish such a quote w/ no context.

Anthony "Rumble" Johnson is a beast
MaTaLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 01:43 PM   #196
DaddyDimeBags

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrasonic View Post
A good way to start would be to not wrap your car around a telephone poll.

Welcome to the Sherdog forums, where the intelligent come to debate, and the dumb come to agitate.
DaddyDimeBags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 01:48 PM   #197
PirateTetra

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by flanellograf View Post
Yeah, how cocky of him to think he can help people. Who does he think he is trying to improve the situation for fighters. What an ass.
Yeah, what an asshole