Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2014, 01:12 PM   #191
MaTaLa
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Give me your young, I'll turn 'em into dollars
Posts: 11,791
vCash: 5212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanshire View Post
lol Don't be so gullible. What's he doing? Is he starting a fighters union? Is he telling Dana "I'm not signing a new contract unless these certain stipulations are met for all the UFC fighters"? Nope. He's not doing jack for other fighters. This is just another angle for Jones to be a hypocrite and look out for himself while trying to spin it that he's high and mighty and really looking out for others. Eat it up.
LOL, well, that certainly seems like a completely unbiased view.

I don't how anyone can formulate a logic based opinion on what that article presents.
But don't that let that stop you promoting your agenda of "Jones sucks".

__________________
A Good Man hates evil
A Great Man hates nothing
A Fool hates anything different from himself

Anthony "Rumble" Johnson is a beast
MaTaLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 01:18 PM   #192
LongTermLurker
"Et tu, Brute?"
 
LongTermLurker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ithaca & Winston-Salem
Posts: 12,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanshire View Post
Try to spin it any way you want, but the fact is Jones was the one who was paid to carry that card and he failed to do it. He failed to do it against an opponent he should've beaten because he is scared to death of losing when he doesn't get a long time to specifically plan for another fighter, even if that other fighter is inferior. No other UFC champion has ever done that in the history of the sport because they know it's their responsibility to carry the card. I'd like cards to be deeper too, but champions who are headlining have a responsibility that they're paid well for and Jones failed his. No other UFC champ has done that. Keep kidding yourself.
So what responsibility does the the promoter have? None/ 1%, just curious?

Lots of cards have lost main events but few have ever been as thin as 151. I disagree with JJ's choice but I am okay with him making it. UFC makes it clear that every fighter is an independent contractor. As such they can decide to sign to fight or not.

Dana can put shit together and the fighters should do whatever he asks to save the card?

__________________
Watching House of Thrones or Game of Cards.
LongTermLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 01:33 PM   #193
DickNiaz1
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
Posts: 1,770
vCash: 500
Jones better be careful, he could be cut after his next loss. Jones is one of the very last fighters who should be representing or a role model for other fighters. Him and Thiago Silva are on the same level. At least Silva is honest.

DickNiaz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 01:34 PM   #194
Lanshire

Silver Belt
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 11,953
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTaLa View Post
LOL, well, that certainly seems like a completely unbiased view.

I don't how anyone can formulate a logic based opinion on what that article presents.
But don't that let that stop you promoting your agenda of "Jones sucks".
Oh, I don't think he sucks. I think he's probably the best LHW of all time. I enjoy watching him fight. In many ways he's a special fighter.

I used to be a fan (go ahead and check my post history if you don't believe me) but the guy is an arrogant hypocrite and there is a ton of evidence for that. When someone shows me what he's doing to help other fighters like he's suggesting, I'll be happy to give him credit for it. Until then it just seems like another angle - he's trying to get more for himself and pretending it's "for the fighters". Nothing wrong with trying to look out for himself, but let's not pretend it's for others.

__________________
EFFECTIVE STRIKING does incude damage first and foremost. This DOES mean even cuts & bruises. Unified Rules-> http://herbdean.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/ABC_unified_rules_of_MMA_study_guide.pdf
Lanshire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 01:43 PM   #195
MaTaLa
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Give me your young, I'll turn 'em into dollars
Posts: 11,791
vCash: 5212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanshire View Post
Oh, I don't think he sucks. I think he's probably the best LHW of all time. I enjoy watching him fight. In many ways he's a special fighter.

I used to be a fan (go ahead and check my post history if you don't believe me) but the guy is an arrogant hypocrite and there is a ton of evidence for that. When someone shows me what he's doing to help other fighters like he's suggesting, I'll be happy to give him credit for it. Until then it just seems like another angle - he's trying to get more for himself and pretending it's "for the fighters". Nothing wrong with trying to look out for himself, but let's not pretend it's for others.
I agree there's no evidence but the quote in the article. But there's no evidence of him just talking the talking here to make himself look good, either. If fact, there's no evidence of anything, tbh. I thought it was a poor article to publish such a quote w/ no context.

__________________
A Good Man hates evil
A Great Man hates nothing
A Fool hates anything different from himself

Anthony "Rumble" Johnson is a beast
MaTaLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 01:43 PM   #196
DaddyDimeBags

Purple Belt
 
DaddyDimeBags's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 1,754
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrasonic View Post
A good way to start would be to not wrap your car around a telephone poll.

__________________
Weed is like MMA....best in California, but still great everywhere else.



Welcome to the Sherdog forums, where the intelligent come to debate, and the dumb come to agitate.
DaddyDimeBags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 01:48 PM   #197
PirateTetra

Green Belt
 
PirateTetra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanellograf View Post
Yeah, how cocky of him to think he can help people. Who does he think he is trying to improve the situation for fighters. What an ass.
Yeah, what an asshole

__________________
"I don't like it... but I mean I'm used to it though... And I'm... That's where experience comes into play... And I'm ready for Burt... I'm ready... C'mon Burt where you at." - Nick Diaz
PirateTetra is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Latest Threads



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:19 PM.

Sherdog.com Forum Rules Clear Cookies Social Groups Lost Password
Contact Us - Sherdog Forums - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices

Skin made by Alex. © iStyles.uni.cc Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
forums.sherdog.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.
monitoring_string = "fd5733925866a04e50edd70f38dfaa35"
monitoring_string = "603ac9fff68f23709f2a42bf5e29272b"