Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 02-06-2014, 08:57 PM   #31
ArtOfDrowning

Brown Belt

vCash: 4711
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeYanKees1 View Post
How so? Curious to why you would think that. Personally I think Jones uses his reach better.
Because of Jones vs Gus fight. Gus was using his reach much better and implementing his boxing game while he was staying just enough on the outside to land on Jones and not allow Jones to counter. Gus uses his reach better. Not saying Jones doesn't use it good but Gus is better at it, thats why he was busting Jones up on the feet until that spinning elbow of doom in 4th round

Mauro Ranallo : "Ho ho ho, he gets the KO for Christmas"
ArtOfDrowning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:21 PM   #32
VicWarrior

Blue Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsyBitsySilva View Post
If Glover can defeat Jon Jones decisively (I understand that's a huge if) then a win for Gus would likely set up a shot for Gus… (Jon Jones would only be granted the immediate rematch if it was a controversial decision)

Who would you see winning this fight? Personally, I think that if Glover can deal with Jones' size advantage, then he can deal with Gus's size advantage too; however, I think that Gus is more highly skilled than Glover and has the chin and heart to deal with Glover's power and aggression.

I'd take Gus via decision, if I had to place money on this fight.

What do you guys think about this fight?
Glover over JBJ, Gus over Glover, Cormier over-Gus