Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 12-16-2013, 04:35 PM   #61
Bboy

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
I do think Swanson is ahead of Mendes in fighting for the title. Plus Swanson and Aldo's first match was a while back while Mendes and Aldo just fought like a year ago. Depends on who people want Aldo to fight next though I guess (assuming he beats Lamas). The guy who got KO'd right at the very beginning of the first round or the guy who got KO'd right at the end of the first round.

Old 12-16-2013, 04:43 PM   #62
fortheo

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnawedbone View Post
Those rankings are impossible to take seriously.

Maybe if my whole argument hinged on negating that fight but it doesn't. Elkins hasn't done anything to suggest he'd beat Oliveira. Meanwhile Oliveira looked great in his loss to Edgar and made it into a war against an absolute top guy in the division.

Swanson, meanwhile, hasn't just beaten great competition but looked fantastically improved while doing it. That's why the fight against Mendes is no longer relevant.

Because of the context we currently find ourselves in.

Oliveira has won 3 fights since he fought Elkins, Elkins has won 6 since then....you're grasping at straws man.

To me, elkins and lentz are better than poirer and oliveira at this time. Siver is definitely the best win out of both mendes and swansons streaks though, i will give you that.

fortheo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 05:15 PM   #63
pick999

Blue Belt

vCash: 494
lost to chad,lamas,didnt beat anyone special in ufc

pick999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 05:23 PM   #64
mhomburg

Brown Belt

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by fortheo View Post
Oliveira has won 3 fights since he fought Elkins, Elkins has won 6 since then....you're grasping at straws man.

To me, elkins and lentz are better than poirer and oliveira at this time. Siver is definitely the best win out of both mendes and swansons streaks though, i will give you that.
For real? I rate Siver on the low end of those fighters. He has been overrated to me for quite some time. It is quite obvious he will never reach more than gatekeeper status while the same can't be said for Oliveira or Porier, or even lentz and elkins for that matter.

I think finishing Guida in the manner that Mendes did is the most impressive, but I will agree with TS that the recent list of fighters Cub has beat looks better in totality than that of Mendes. This coming from a big mendes fan.

Old 12-16-2013, 05:41 PM   #65
fortheo

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhomburg View Post
For real? I rate Siver on the low end of those fighters. He has been overrated to me for quite some time. It is quite obvious he will never reach more than gatekeeper status while the same can't be said for Oliveira or Porier, or even lentz and elkins for that matter.

I think finishing Guida in the manner that Mendes did is the most impressive, but I will agree with TS that the recent list of fighters Cub has beat looks better in totality than that of Mendes. This coming from a big mendes fan.

I don't know I think their is an argument for either side. Both should either get another title shot, or fight again for a title shot.

fortheo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 06:39 PM   #66
scrap style
Banned

Mendes vs aldo
Cub vs the goat

scrap style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 06:42 PM   #67
Fiction1982

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by pick999 View Post
lost to chad,lamas,didnt beat anyone special in ufc
I know! He didn't even beat Cody, like Mendes did!

Fiction1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 04:29 PM   #68
Sparky

Orange Belt

Bringing this back because I really like watching Cub fight and hope he get's his shot soon. I would love to see another Swanson/Aldo fight no matter the outcome! That would be one hell of an entertaining fight!

Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 04:35 PM   #69
JKS

Steel Belt

I think Swanson and Mendes should fight for the title shot.

Wand
Shogun
Nog(s)
Anderson
Dos Santos
Sergei
Vitor
Barnett
Aldo
Jacare
Erick Silva
JKS is online now   Reply With Quote