Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2013, 01:05 PM   #111
brnforce

Brown Belt
 
brnforce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Miny Soda
Posts: 4,977
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ermac88 View Post
Right. But do you think someone who makes millions and strives to achieve greatness has the same "bills", concerns and motivations as you?

What drives them is something completely different
Right, much bigger bills, such as Bentley payments. Things scale when you make that much. I find it laughable that people think it was just because Silva was his "idol".

Jones has said numerous times that he would fight Silva, and Dana White had been hinting at some huge news lately. Suddenly, once Silva loses, there are no more big plans around the corner for Dana White. Hmm, maybe that would explain why Jones appeared to be personally hurt.

Or maybe Jones has the mentality of a 10 year old and invests too much emotion into other people that have nothing to do with himself. lol

__________________
Don't use USAA for mortgages!!! PM me for information if you want.
brnforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:04 PM   #112
ermac88

Purple Belt
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brnforce View Post
Right, much bigger bills, such as Bentley payments. Things scale when you make that much. I find it laughable that people think it was just because Silva was his "idol".

Jones has said numerous times that he would fight Silva, and Dana White had been hinting at some huge news lately. Suddenly, once Silva loses, there are no more big plans around the corner for Dana White. Hmm, maybe that would explain why Jones appeared to be personally hurt.

Or maybe Jones has the mentality of a 10 year old and invests too much emotion into other people that have nothing to do with himself. lol
You see, Jones doesnt need to make payments on his Bentley, he owned it. COMPLETELY different lifestyle and mindset than a guy working 9-5 needing to pay bills.

All im saying is, dont conclude what Jones is thinking because from your perspective thats how you would feel, because you have bills to pay to stay afloat. The guy is in a completely different strata, cut from a different cloth and motivated differently than a guy working 9-5.

That said, I'm not saying I know definitively either whats in his head, I can just see how its possible.

Has Jones directly expressed any interest in fighting Andy? I've only read the contrary. Can you post any links?

ermac88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:55 PM   #113
brnforce

Brown Belt
 
brnforce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Miny Soda
Posts: 4,977
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ermac88 View Post
You see, Jones doesnt need to make payments on his Bentley, he owned it. COMPLETELY different lifestyle and mindset than a guy working 9-5 needing to pay bills.

All im saying is, dont conclude what Jones is thinking because from your perspective thats how you would feel, because you have bills to pay to stay afloat. The guy is in a completely different strata, cut from a different cloth and motivated differently than a guy working 9-5.

That said, I'm not saying I know definitively either whats in his head, I can just see how its possible.

Has Jones directly expressed any interest in fighting Andy? I've only read the contrary. Can you post any links?
Well that same logic can be turned right on your side too.

As to why I am correct and you are not :

1. Mo money mo problems. If you need this further explained to you just go look at the rampant financial problems of people that make more per year than Jones will make in his lifetime. Especially other athletes, the lifestyle is an expensive one.

2. Jones has said that he would fight Silva. Here:
October last year-http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/10/2...ger-mma-quotes
This April-http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...appen-for-sure



Do you see the marketing that was going on? They were starting to really hype up the super fight right before the Weidman fight. The plan was probably to have Silva beat Weidman, Jones to beat Gustaffson, and then set the super fight.

__________________
Don't use USAA for mortgages!!! PM me for information if you want.
brnforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:59 PM   #114
ermac88

Purple Belt
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brnforce View Post
Well that same logic can be turned right on your side too.

As to why I am correct and you are not :

1. Mo money mo problems. If you need this further explained to you just go look at the rampant financial problems of people that make more per year than Jones will make in his lifetime. Especially other athletes, the lifestyle is an expensive one.

2. Jones has said that he would fight Silva. Here:
October last year-http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/10/2...ger-mma-quotes
This April-http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...appen-for-sure



Do you see the marketing that was going on? They were starting to really hype up the super fight right before the Weidman fight. The plan was probably to have Silva beat Weidman, Jones to beat Gustaffson, and then set the super fight.
Thanks for the links. Didn't know he was now open to fighting Silva (though he didnt seem to eager in any of them)

Fair enough- YOu may be right, maybe he saw a payday or addition to his legacy crumble. But at the same time he talked extensively in all of those links how much he idolized and modeled himself after Silva. I could see being devastated by seeing your idol get knocked out.

Or realistically his responce was a combination of all those thoughts.
Only he knows.

ermac88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:02 PM   #115
brnforce

Brown Belt
 
brnforce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Miny Soda
Posts: 4,977
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ermac88 View Post
Thanks for the links. Didn't know he was now open to fighting Silva (though he didnt seem to eager in any of them)

Fair enough- YOu may be right, maybe he saw a payday or addition to his legacy crumble. But at the same time he talked extensively in all of those links how much he idolized and modeled himself after Silva. I could see being devastated by seeing your idol get knocked out.

Or realistically his responce was a combination of all those thoughts.
Only he knows.
Very true. In all honesty it was probably a little bit of both. Other fighters were shocked at it that had no financial part of the fight.

__________________
Don't use USAA for mortgages!!! PM me for information if you want.
brnforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:15 PM   #116
SeagalSlap

Orange Belt
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeSP View Post
Look at the smug look on his face. He doesn't even look impressed.

so cocky
To me he just looked empty and astonished. Like he didn't know how to react.

SeagalSlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Latest Threads



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57 AM.

Sherdog.com Forum Rules Clear Cookies Social Groups Lost Password
Contact Us - Sherdog Forums - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices

Skin made by Alex. © iStyles.uni.cc Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
forums.sherdog.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.
monitoring_string = "fd5733925866a04e50edd70f38dfaa35"
monitoring_string = "603ac9fff68f23709f2a42bf5e29272b"