Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 07-17-2014, 03:12 PM   #51
zzzdom

Green Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philtard View Post
Yea, did you also know the sky is blue?
But sky isn't really blue....

zzzdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 03:16 PM   #52
HydralisK

Brown Belt

vCash: 1400
Why is Cariaso getting a title shot I must have missed it?

Bigg Rigg War Wagon. The Chris War Wagon.

Fins up Foes Down.
HydralisK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 03:38 PM   #53
BigGulp
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun'n'Run View Post
You are the biggest attention whore in the world, always coming in first on every thread with your stupid colored font. The funny thing is, if you'd chosen a color I could actually read I'd read your post but since you chose this stupid low-contrast red, I didn't even read it. Too much strain on my eyes. I notice only one other guy quoted you too so your desperate bid for attention doesn't seem to be working. Maybe choose neon blue or something like that FallonFox guy did. That actually worked.

P.S. people who try to attract extra attention to their posts are usually people who are routinely ignored, and are overcompensating.
Is there a way to ignore that guy?

I think that constitutes trolling imo. havent' been here long, but that is really annoying and should be stopped

BigGulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 03:42 PM   #54
BigGulp
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockUmSockUm View Post
If the UFC is asking for $55-60 to watch a card, it has to have something more than the free stuff we get on Fox. A title fight should be something special, but we've seen it's not in the UFC. Too many gift and unwarranted title shots, too many rematches. I mean, Chris Cariaso could potentially be the new FLW champion after this card.
exactly this.

how can a free card be better than a PPV?

Titles are meaningless. Imagine if Weidman fought chris Camozzi, would anyone really expect that card to sell? it takes two to tango. The Barao fight will be interesting the day of the fight, b/c no one knows what's going to happen.

But MM vs. Cariaso is a joke. Cariaso can barely win decisions.

BigGulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:12 AM   #55
Inashikacho

White Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushroomWizard View Post
Then next topic you will bitch about fighter pay. Look there are more events, more fights, and more employed fighters. THIS IS A GOOD THING. ANYONE WHO THINKS IT IS A BAD THING, IS A 90s METALLICA FAN.

The cool thing that used to fit in your back pocket, the UFC, Pride, this cool thing you could tell people about and show footage of at your house, is now becoming a popular thing.

If you don't like watching fights every weekend, you aren't a real fan. Sorry that Metallica released the black album and it wasn't the Master Of Puppets that you remember, but they are still a good band.

Obviously the cards will be less stacked, but that is because people like DJ and Dillashaw have the option to fight every couple months instead of once a year. Instead of complaining about titles never getting defended, they can easily go 4 times a year now if they want.

You know it is Sad But True.
Why are you so hostile, I'm speaking my mind on a real trend that's happening with ppvs from the last 2 years.

I'm actually glad that there are more free events, the Cerrone/Miller card was entertaining as hell, if we get more free cards like that, and it looks like we will with the lawler/brown card, you won't see me starting any threads complaining about "OVER-SATURATION". My problem, or should I say the UFC's problem, is that with so many good to great free cards that are available, they have a tougher time getting talent to build PPV cards that people will want to pay for. If you have popular fighters who are at the contender level like Bendo, Cerrone, Jacre, Mousasi, Overeem, Anthony Johnson etc.. fighting important fights for free, you don't have much left to help stack cards people are supposed to be paying for.

If the UFC wants me to buy a ppv headlined by a rematch that I don't care to see, and a champion fighting a "nobody" that no one agrees should be getting a title shot, they could at least put 3 big fights on the under card that I would want to see to keep me from writing off this card as a rip off.

Inashikacho is offline   Reply With Quote