Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 12-18-2013, 11:29 PM   #31
lockon

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
title shot. or winner will fight jacare for the TS

WW: Hendricks, Condit
LW: Diaz, Maynard, Pettis
FW: Edgar, Aldo
BW: Faber
lockon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:47 PM   #32
Tang Hermit

Blue Belt

To cgf- True words you got there! I`m a big Machida fan & would love to see him win the title. I`d like to see him get another win or two at MW to build hype & energy for a long title run!

Tang Hermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:49 PM   #33
hto63

Brown Belt

vCash: 951
Jacare and Carmont are both ahead of them in the title picture. Didn't even realize Carmont is already on a 6 fight win streak, holy shit! Mousasi hasn't even fought at middleweight in years and Machida had a great win but that's just it, one win.

hto63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:59 PM   #34
cgf

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by hto63 View Post
Jacare and Carmont are both ahead of them in the title picture. Didn't even realize Carmont is already on a 6 fight win streak, holy shit! Mousasi hasn't even fought at middleweight in years and Machida had a great win but that's just it, one win.
Yeah but one of those ends runs ends when the two meet, and Lyoto stepping ahead of Jacare with the more impressive resume makes sense if he gets the win, so they don't have to have their two top contenders after vitor knock each other off in a division that could need contenders quick if Anderson wins his belt back and vacants it immediately or after stomping Vitor again. Cause we could be looking at Lyoto v Jacare for the belt with Vitor coming off the title loss, Weidman having had at most 1 win since losing his belt, Mousasi having at most two wins in a row after losing to lyoto, carmont having at most two straight wins after losing to Jacare and not many other real top contenders. So having Jacare and the winner of this fight knock each other off doesn't make too much sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tang Hermit View Post
To cgf- True words you got there! I`m a big Machida fan & would love to see him win the title. I`d like to see him get another win or two at MW to build hype & energy for a long title run!
Me to, but this mousasi fight is a big fight with an elite striker, a win here and he would just need a solid win against a Bisping/Rockhold/Carmont tier MW while waiting for his turn after Vitor.

Last edited by cgf; 12-19-2013 at 12:04 AM.
cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 12:13 AM   #35
pv3Hpv3p

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjresq View Post
Carmont just dominated someone who was ranked in the top ten. And if he dominates Jacare he should get the title shot. Jacare struglled with Rockhold and Carmont is a better version of Rockhold so I wouldnt be surprised if he dominated Jacare. Carmont has the size advantage, reach advantage, strength advantage, and the advantage standing up. I dont see how Jacare wins this fight
I dunno... The Rockhold fight was over two years ago, and I don't think Jacare is the same fighter... I haven't seen it in a long time, but it seems like you're using a little artistic license with the term "dominate"... If you wanna look at past fights, Carmount has been subbed 3 times, maybe that could be a way for Jacare to win this one?

Carmount might be physically stronger, but De Souza has more power in his strikes... I honestly don't see any way for Francis to take this besides a LnP split decision, but I don't know the last time he's fought a guy with a guard quite as dangerous... Interesting fight nonetheless, maybe Carmount will spend as much time on the top 10 list as his biggest win did?

pv3Hpv3p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 03:50 AM   #36
Scharminkel
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjresq View Post
Carmont just dominated someone who was ranked in the top ten. And if he dominates Jacare he should get the title shot. Jacare struglled with Rockhold and Carmont is a better version of Rockhold so I wouldnt be surprised if he dominated Jacare. Carmont has the size advantage, reach advantage, strength advantage, and the advantage standing up. I dont see how Jacare wins this fight
Quote:
Originally Posted by pv3Hpv3p View Post
I dunno... The Rockhold fight was over two years ago, and I don't think Jacare is the same fighter... I haven't seen it in a long time, but it seems like you're using a little artistic license with the term "dominate"... If you wanna look at past fights, Carmount has been subbed 3 times, maybe that could be a way for Jacare to win this one?

Carmount might be physically stronger, but De Souza has more power in his strikes... I honestly don't see any way for Francis to take this besides a LnP split decision, but I don't know the last time he's fought a guy with a guard quite as dangerous... Interesting fight nonetheless, maybe Carmount will spend as much time on the top 10 list as his biggest win did?
Yeah, I think Jacara has improved a lot. That's also why i would be interested to see a Mousasi rematch in the future, maybe once one of them is champ

Hope and expect that Jacara wins his fight with Carmount, who's last couple of fights haven't been very entertaining IMO

Scharminkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 04:31 AM   #37
FastTracker

Blue Belt

The thing is that Carmont is on a 6 winning streak in the ufc,7-0 if he wins, Jacare 2, 3 if he win. Machida would be 2-0 in mw and Mousasi 1-0 the same with Bisping who is on 1.
IMO

first title shot Vitor,then the Carmont/Jacare winner and then another title eliminator with the winner of Machida/Mousasi

Old 12-19-2013, 03:40 PM   #38
cgf

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastTracker View Post
The thing is that Carmont is on a 6 winning streak in the ufc,7-0 if he wins, Jacare 2, 3 if he win. Machida would be 2-0 in mw and Mousasi 1-0 the same with Bisping who is on 1.
IMO

first title shot Vitor,then the Carmont/Jacare winner and then another title eliminator with the winner of Machida/Mousasi
Not many particularly impressive wins in that run and he still needs to beat Jacare to make it happen. If he wins he probably has to fight the winner of Machida/Mousasi during Vitor's shot to get a shot. That said, I still see jacare ending this fight.

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 11:19 PM   #39
Tang Hermit

Blue Belt

To cgf- Right, o.k. I`m on board! I`m glad to see Machida finally get matched up With a striker instead of another Wrestler ( although Mousasi has a wicked ground game as well). Machida, Mousasi & Belfort in the MW division (for now)really has made for some great match-ups!
WAR Machida!

Tang Hermit is offline   Reply With Quote