Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 03-02-2014, 09:23 AM   #91
ATM SPIDERTAO

Orange Belt

vCash: 500
Canadian guy living in seoul here.

I want to comment on the "awkwardness" haha

in Korea, the culture is what you would call "feminine" on hofstede's intercultural dimensions (you can look it up on wiki)

basically, it means that people pretend to be LESS competitive and aggressive than a "masculine" culture such as the United States or Italy if you want to be more extreme.

I'm talking about the chest puffed up, acting like you're hella slick and smooth type of attitude.

In Korea specifically, any guy who shows a lot of public interest in girls gets hated on by girls. the goal is to act like you are NOT interested in chicks at all, so they come to your house, and then you love the loving out of them. or more likely a motel room cuz you usually live with your parents until you get married.

there's so many little pointers I can give you on this issue but the general idea is... the more interested in women you are, the more likely you are into prostitution non stop, till you drop. so regular girls don't want you. so guys try to act less "macho" and more like an awkward cute guy cuz that's what the girls like. instead of just a guy who will love and chuck the next day.

although that's literally what this guy does every night lol

act humble, make love to girls

the whole "wah, i don't have a gf, i'm so sad" is what girls here love. "what? you're single, omg, but you're so beautiful??? let me nurture your tortured soul with my heart and body"

EDIT: i cleaned up my words a big and subsitituded love for another word haha

ATM SPIDERTAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:27 AM   #92
Arkain2K
Si vis pacem, para bellum

vCash: 5251
There were a lot of GIF worthy moments in the Dong's surprise reaction. Hope we will see them surfacing soon

Arkain2K is offline   Reply With Quote