Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 04-09-2014, 01:58 PM   #51
janeir12
Banned

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Someone88 View Post
I think Carwin was the hardest hitter MMA has had. He'd knock out fighters with short punches. Manhoef pound for pound may hit the hardest or does hit the hardest, but in raw power I think Carwin hit harder than any MMA fighter.
Frank Mir will attest to that. Funny thing is, if it wasn't the ref telling both of them to work, Shane may not have unleashed them short punches in the first place.

janeir12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 01:59 PM   #52
Free_MMAson

Silver Belt

I heard he's engineering a comeback

Free_MMAson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 01:59 PM   #53
Reap

Yellow Belt

After he came out to the cage listening to Eminem instead of Drowning Pool, I developed a strong dislike for him.

Reap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 02:01 PM   #54
purpleheart

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodworth View Post
guy was lucky gimmick......being big and strong can take 1 far in mma,,,,,but only so far....carwin never exhibited and real mma skills....he was just big and strong and used that until he was busted,,,,,,
Carwin actually had some decent hands and the ability and heart to absorb a punch. Not something we can about ''the baddest man on the planet''.

purpleheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 02:13 PM   #55
mkt

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodworth View Post
guy was lucky gimmick......being big and strong can take 1 far in mma,,,,,but only so far....carwin never exhibited and real mma skills....he was just big and strong and used that until he was busted,,,,,,
Uh, no. Carwin also had a solid college wrestling background, a good chin and hit like a truck. If "big and strong" got you far, you'd have talentless weight lifters pour into the UFC from gyms across the country. Strength wasn't even enough in the early UFC days. One of Couture's first opponents, Steven Graham, was a monster--like 290 solid pounds, much bigger than Carwin. He won his first fight but Randy ragdolled him and he never came back.

Old 04-09-2014, 02:15 PM   #56
ALAN PARTRIDGE

Red Belt

vCash: 50
gone quiet again

Old 04-09-2014, 02:15 PM   #57
JKS

Titanium Belt

Its pretty unlikely, very doubtful he will come back

Wand
Shogun
Nog(s)
Anderson
Dos Santos
Sergei
Vitor
Barnett
Aldo
Jacare
Erick Silva
JKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 02:16 PM   #58
Mikeyz
Black Beast Belt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyben84 View Post
I was wondering if Carwin will ever return. When there was talk of Lesnar coming back to UFC he was itching to make his return and rematch Lesnar.

I would love to see him back in the Hw division and I think he could be top 5 and a possible title contender (if he avoided Junior on his way up)

Miocic, Werdum and maby Browne are the contenders I would think he would lose to.

Overeem, Mir, Nog, Nelson, Hunt, Bigfoot - I think he beats all these guys

Personally I would love to see Carwin come back. The Hw division would really get some interesting matchups with Shane back in the UFC. Has anyone heard anything from him and was talk of a comback just based on a Lesnar rematch?

Maby he is too old and injury ridden to make a proper comeback but I can help but feel he could still turn quite a few heavyweigths lights out.
I doubt it, but I would like to see him come back. I am a fan of him and he always puts on exciting fights.

cute and yet sexy

fun but not crazy

sexy but not slutty

tough but not butchy

Gina FTMFW.
Mikeyz is offline   Reply With Quote