Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 02-06-2014, 07:37 AM   #81
MartyMcFry

Purple Belt

vCash: 50
Like seriously, who would be next if it's not the winner of this fight? But then again could be against Jacare. I can see Machida getting the title shot with this win though.

Old 02-06-2014, 07:40 AM   #82
MartyMcFry

Purple Belt

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrAtI View Post
gegard will ko machida
If that does happen, I don't see how he would not get the title shot. Machida has only been finished twice in his career, both being championship fights.

Old 02-06-2014, 07:41 AM   #83
Mike01010101a

Purple Belt

vCash: 500
I'm going with Mousasi. Hard to pick but I'm with him!

Old 02-06-2014, 07:55 AM   #84
PrinceOfPain

Brown Belt

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarateKickbox22 View Post
This is a great post man. It's hard to find a person with good logic on these forums.

Also, people tend to forget Jacare was beating Moose before the upkick. I think he just dove in too soon instead of making sure he slapped Gegard's legs to the side. Jacare knew Moose was trying to land that upkick and he dove head first into Gegard's kick. Definetly a rookie mistake by Jacare, he was still a green fighter back then. I'd love to see a rematch between the two of them. I'd pick Jacare to win.

And Lyoto will dominate Moose. Gegard has some ring rust and he has NEVER faced an opponent close to Lyoto's caliber before. I actually don't have a problem with Gegard, I just think he gets an obnoxious amount of hype on Sherdog. It's ridiculous. They act like the guy is Jesus Christ himself.
It's a bit of a misrepresentation of the Mousasi/Jacare fight to claim that either of them was winning before the KO. The fight lasted just over 2 minutes, before which Gegard landed a punch standing, Jacare failed a TD, then scored one, was outstruck (barely) from the bottom, and then got kicked in the face and knocked out after being forced to seek a better position since Gegard wasn't allowing him to get much going on the ground.
It wasn't eventful enough to say that either man was really winning.
But, Mousasi did frustrate him into making a stupid move, and then capitalized off of the opening: fair play, whether you think upkicks are flukey or not.

Also, Jacare was 10-1 going into the Mousasi fight.
Sure, it wasn't the same record that Mousasi carried, but Carwin first fought for a UFC title at 12-0, Machida at 15-0, Jones at 13-1, Weidman at 9-0, Velasquez at 9-0, GSP at 7-0, Frank Mir at 7-1, etc, etc...
10-1 isn't exactly a "green" record, and both men had been fighting since 2003.

I can't tell if you hate Mousasi (for some unfathomable reason) or if you're just sick and tired of those fans of his that say he's going to destroy everyone, but you really do appear to rage every time he is mentioned in a thread.

Personally, I favour Machida slightly, because Mousasi hasn't looked like a world-beater in a long while, he's coming off of an injury, and he simply doesn't have the recent experience against the same level of competition as Machida does.
Not only that, but Mousasi does better against strikers he has a length advantage over, or that he can take down. Machida's movement could cause huge problems for him.
Saying all of this, I think it's still pretty ignorant to imply that Machida is going to effortlessly walk through him. Not to mention disrespectful to a guy with a long and very active career of ass-kicking.

In my opinion, the UFC's acquisition of Mousasi came about 6 years later than would have been ideal, for whatever reason. But I'm still going to be pulling for him in this fight. I'm just going to to it without shitting all over Machida's accomplishments and abilities.

ETA: Ignore the "hate mousasi" stuff.. lol, I failed to read the last sentence in your post ;)
Still think it's dick to talk the trash about him that you do.

☻/
/▌
/ \

Last edited by PrinceOfPain; 02-06-2014 at 08:11 AM.
PrinceOfPain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 08:14 AM   #85
BionicCommando

Red Belt

vCash: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyMcFry View Post
Like seriously, who would be next if it's not the winner of this fight? But then again could be against Jacare. I can see Machida getting the title shot with this win though.

Belfort vs Weidman in May gives them ample time to squeeze in one more fight for the winner of Mousasi vs Jacare if need be. Also don't forget that Bisping still lurks around the bend.

Old 02-06-2014, 08:52 AM   #86
garwoc

Brown Belt

vCash: 330
I think hed need one more fight maybe Bisping if he beats Kennedy. Though if he were to get the title shot I wouldnt be too upset, specially if Jacare loses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXKNnaQUtws
garwoc is offline   Reply With Quote