Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 07-03-2014, 03:17 PM   #161
Sum
theres a lot of things that can kill a man

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoUEvenLiftBro View Post
Cue the white knights, who will come in talking about heels and showing weigh-in photos. I honestly have no clue why Rousey has fans. She doesn't behave in a way that should garner them. I guess some people are just bandwagoners.
Some people care more about the fights than the soap opera drama. You fall into the latter category

Sum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 03:39 PM   #162
torval

Blue Belt

vCash: 500
either this guy is very bored and you guys are getting trolled hard oorrrrr he needs psychological help.

Old 07-03-2014, 03:44 PM   #163
roller

Black Belt

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Smish Smosh View Post

Full height image, flat footwear for Davis, giant fucking heels for Rousey. In the staredown weigh in images, she puts them on before posing, hence towering over her opponent

And lol, no I won't
A tactic probably learned from the Diaz bros.... Nate always looks half retarded when he puffs up and tries to make himself look 2 times bigger like he is about to be attacked by a wild animal.

roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 04:49 PM   #164
sggatecl

White Belt

This guy must be infuriated about the men's light heavyweight division if he's this angry about the women's bantamweight.

sggatecl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 04:52 PM   #165
Arkain2K
Si vis pacem, para bellum

vCash: 0
Well, the ban-hammer was dropped right on cue.

I survived "TPF 10: Let the Stream Fail".
Arkain2K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 08:26 PM   #166
Genghis84

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocraticMethod View Post
She definitely missed for the Young fight. It was funny - I was at the weighins and they must have already agreed to the catchweight and % of her purse in the back, because Gina comes out, gets a nice ovation, gets on the scale they announce 144 and she gets off and goes to do the stairdown and there's just this confused smattering reaction from the crowd. The guy next to me turns to me and says, "Was this 145?" and I'm like "I don't think so." They didn't make any kind of announcement there at all.

And yeah, she missed 135 for the Sexton fight. I didn't mean to imply she had only missed weight once in her career and I apologize if that's how it came across. I meant to say she only missed 140 once, and that her Elite XC fights were all at 140.
Wasn't there also a third incident where Gina barely made weight? I seem to remember the rather bizarre sight of her stripping her clothes off at a weigh in and her father holding the towels for her.

Genghis84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 09:21 PM   #167
SocraticMethod

Red Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genghis84 View Post
Wasn't there also a third incident where Gina barely made weight? I seem to remember the rather bizarre sight of her stripping her clothes off at a weigh in and her father holding the towels for her.
Yeah, she stripped down, but she made weight. That was the Kobold fight, I think.

Old 07-03-2014, 09:31 PM   #168
MuffinGod11

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew314 View Post
Nice!

How about...

Ronda Rousey = RR

Dana's Dong = DD

R2D2!!!!!!!

I always called her Ronda A Rousme. I'll never know why that didn't catch on...
Armbar.RAR?

MuffinGod11 is offline   Reply With Quote