Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 03-26-2014, 11:46 PM   #41
Bargey

Black Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by faustian View Post
lol you seem to be pretty hung up on this as if it is some kind of smoking gun evidence that there were no punches to the back of the head
If Shogun felt like there were illegal punches that had a material effect on the outcome then he'd have appealed.

But he didn't because he and his team knows, like most reasonable observers know, that he was done and the right man had his hand raised.

So yes - it is a smoking gun that blows a big hole in the silliness of these 'back of the head punches' argument.

Bargey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 11:50 PM   #42
schwe30

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg171 View Post
Now you're just making shit up. If you actually watch the fights, or hell just watch the gifs I posted, Shogun doesn't touch his nose until a good 20 seconds after the fight's over. If it was such a problem for him, you'd think he'd start immediately trying to check up on it. Instead he just lays on the ground.

His nose wasn't the problem. It's ridiculous to try and argue that when video and gif evidence shows the complete opposite
From the gifs you posted, he falls back and looks in pain. I imagine getting your nose rearranged hurts. He certainly doesn't look out. Just because he's not grabbing his nose, it doesn't mean it's not bothering him.

schwe30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 12:15 AM   #43
daweedy

Yellow Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bargey View Post
If Shogun felt like there were illegal punches that had a material effect on the outcome then he'd have appealed.

But he didn't because he and his team knows, like most reasonable observers know, that he was done and the right man had his hand raised.

So yes - it is a smoking gun that blows a big hole in the silliness of these 'back of the head punches' argument.
Or maybe he wouldnt. Why would it matter anyway? Some people dont want to go throught all the appeals and bullshit just to have a green dot instead of purple. He was done regardless of what would the official outcome be.

But i will be honest. At first viewing the shots to the back of the head didnt bother me, but after rewatching the fight I changed my mind. I think its very obvious that it was clear foul by Hendo. Was it the heat of the moment? Maybe. But still Shogun wasnt out beacus of the broken nose, but he was clearly rocked by shots to the back of the head. And there were 5 or 6 of them, directly to the back of the head. And I am starting to think that Hendo didnt stop striking beacus he thought Shogun was done, but beacuse Herb moved closer and had a better look....
Shogun was done by the first punch anyway, but did he needed to get concused? I dont think so. And I bealive Hendo should be punished. Either by fight being changed to NC or some disciplinary action.
Heck Jones got DQ against an obviously done Hamill and he threw just one illegal elbow, Erick Silva comes to mind as well, Sakara vs Cote. And the funniest thing is that Hendos ilegal punches to the back of the head were far more obvious that before mentioned cases.
I also train MMA and even small punches to the back of the head will make u dizzy. Those bombs that Hendo throw would hurt anyone.
I would that Hendo would be DQ but NC would be in order and an immediate rematch.
Just my two cents.

daweedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 12:17 AM   #44
VictorCosta

Purple Belt

vCash: 50
he was not out like Hendo in vitor fight.

VictorCosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 12:19 AM   #45
AtlSteel

Orange Belt

He didn't look knocked out. Yes, to whoever asked the question, knocked out means knocked out. Unconscious. WTF. Nobody is claiming he wasn't almost there or that the fight shouldn't have been stopped.

AtlSteel is offline   Reply With Quote