Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 07-16-2014, 09:34 PM   #1
Makani
Olli Maatta You?

vCash: 50
One thing I wish the UFC would do more...

We all agree there is some level of oversaturation in the UFC's event structure at the moment, and it can be a little exhausting, but one there is one thing I really liked about this events layout. Besides the main/co-main being great fights, having three LW matches on the main card makes it more exciting in my opinion, and I think it helps casuals form a better picture of the division and creates more hypotheticals. The UFC does do this a fair amount when it it comes to putting contenders and champs in a division on the same card, for instance, but I think they should be trying to do it even more with the smaller cards. A divisional top-10 vs. top-10 fight, a couple close matchups in the top 25 of that division, and a prospect match or two on the prelims, that sounds like a good card compared to random divisions at the same rankings.

Old 07-16-2014, 09:36 PM   #2
Momentosis
King

vCash: 500
Every now and then the UFC stacks cards full of fighters from the same division.

Old 07-16-2014, 09:53 PM   #3
LMZ1985

White Belt

vCash: 500
I don't have access to Zuffa's financial statements to know how much they're making/losing on each event but I wish they can do the following:

MORE
Free cards like tonight's

LESS
PPVs

The main card of PPVs should feature fighters all on win streaks. If you win on the free cards and put together a good streak, then you should be featured on the main card of a PPV.

Personally, I'm sick and tired of seeing the likes of Dan Henderson (especially before his last fight) put on co-main events of PPV cards.

LMZ1985 is offline   Reply With Quote