Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 09-29-2013, 01:58 AM   #301
ThinkBig500

Brown Belt

vCash: 44498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler1981 View Post
you're a moron! sorry that I said 6'2'' and not 6'2'' and under.

you're the idiot who said "none of them are 6'2''

so how can none of them be 6'2'' when that's exactly what Glover is?

GTFO
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBig500 View Post
Neither of them are 6'2" and Jones has a real fight on his hands. And he barely beat Bader...smh.
Neither, as in Evans and Rampage...go to bed, trolling is not working for you.

ThinkBig500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 02:05 AM   #302
Wyrm

White Belt

vCash: 500
I actually don't mind that the rematch will happen next year. It's a solid strategy from a business point of view as UFC will build up the rivalry between Gus and Jones. Sides will be taken, bets will be made and the MMA foruns around the world will be like raging forest fires.

Gustafson will have the opportunity to cement his rep making him better known and Jones will be fed ducks that on paper he will easily beat (granted, Glover might disrupt things). If this pans out it will be the biggest MMA PPV event ever.

What I will never understand, however, is the insane defense of Jones. Most people don't "hate" him because he's good or because he is black. People "hate" him because he's a douche and he shows it just about anytime he opens his mouth. People like their heroes and their villains. That's why there's all that trash talk to hype up fights. If people only cared for what goes on the cage, Chael Sonnen would never be where he is today.

Jones is a perfect heel. He's arrogant and ambitious to the point where he spews douchebaggeries such as that 70% crap. He doesn't care about the sport, he cares about success, records and a huge payday. Ambition is legitimate, but the truly great fighters cherish competition, thrive on adversity. Jones will always chose the path of least resistance.

And contrary to what the nuthuggers are pretending, this was indeed a "defeat" for Jones. I thought Gustafson won but I don't think it was a scandalous robbery giving it to Jones. But that fight did put things in perspective and I bet that from now on, folks will ease off on the P4P, GOAT and all that crap concerning Jones: after a few years of inhuman domination Jones barely scrapped a controversial win against the first opponent his own size he met.

Wyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 02:14 AM   #303
ermac88

Purple Belt

Quote:
sorry that he said Glover wasn't ready top beat him and not ready for the title

also how to explain Jones completely contradicting himself? Jones has made way more fallacious statements than I have.

face it buddy, Jones is scared and chose the easy route.

Glover vs. Jones will be a PPV flop so I'm not sure what the fuck your point is at all!

Jones says he loves the fight and Gus deserves a rematch but then him and the holy Greg Jackson decide he's not.

Jones said Glover wasn't ready and only accepted that fight after getting beat-on by Gustafsson!

Jones depends on you gullible drones to eat-up his hypocritical statements and verbal back-peddaling.

Jones CHOSE Glover when he made it clear than he realizes the substantial interest in Gus rematch.

Sorry if logically thinking people can see that he's hoping Gus loses so there will not be any rematch!

Also genius, Jones get PPV points, so that in itself should be reason enough to do a rematch that would generate a shitload of PPV sales!

Jones is taking the easier route and knows that he is forgoing substantial PPV $$$.

Everyone should shut-up though because Jones said he'll fight him later

I bet few of you Jones defenders will even pay money for his fight with Glover...

If Jones actually fights Gus again, that'd be shocking!
Again I have absolutely no idea what you are babbling about.

I have only addressed your fallacious misrepresentation or flagrant misunderstanding what the actual quote was regarding Glover.

ermac88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 02:29 AM   #304
KickToDaGroin

Blue Belt

Quote:
I tried logic several times and obviously that didn't work so...
LOL, fair enough!

KickToDaGroin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 03:19 AM   #305
Robespierre

Green Belt

ts is eating words like jon jones.

Robespierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 03:33 AM   #306
Bmurray

Green Belt

Its just strategy, may as well be honest about it if you're a Jones fan.

Glover is going to plod forward like Rampage and Jones is going to absolutely wreck him; the perfect rebound fight after Gus, and ads another notch on the title-defense record before he has to really risk anything again.

Plus there is also the chance somebody else beats Gus in the in-between fight before his rematch, then Jones is off the hook.

Meanwhile if they both win and the rematch happens, it will have more hype than it would right now due to fans being worn out with immediate rematches.

I think Gus should be 'injured' around the time of the Glover fight so he's waiting and ready for Jones after that.

Bmurray is offline   Reply With Quote