Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 05-22-2013, 02:39 AM   #51
Koshi

Yellow Belt

vCash: 500
Cain and Bigfoot will be the same fight rather Bigfoot will just get battered for two more rounds. Cain will continuously take him down and attack with punches and elbows turning Bigfoot's face into ground beef leading to a 3rd round TKO.

JDS/Hunt is a toss up. I highly doubt JDS will take Hunt down until the later rounds, if they happen. They both have questionable cardio, but Junior's is better and he is also the faster fighter. Hunt has more tools and the power advantage. Junior showed in the Cain fight when he gets rocked he does not respond well and showed virtually no defense on the ground. Hunt has been submitted in nearly every loss, but has proven he is not as easily submitted since joining the UFC (No, the bullshit call by the referee in the McCorkle fight does not matter). JDS has the ability to use his speed to outwork Hunt, but Hunt has the power to turn any man's lights out. If JDS gets hit with the kind of shots Cain hit him with coming from Hunt's hands then it's going to be over. If Junior uses his speed to attack and get out then he wins a decision. I say Hunt gets an opening and puts Junior on his back with a well-timed, well-placed left hand sending Junior to DreamWorld in the 2nd round.

Koshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:21 AM   #52
Eddingtonsons

Purple Belt

I'm calling it now - JDS has NO ground game. He might take Hunt down but he won't sub him.

3 Necessities.
Eddingtonsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:51 AM   #53
oswald1

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmorphers View Post
- JDS wants to get back on track with a "safe" win and takes Hunt down. JDS submits Hunt in the first round or maybe even forces a TKO stoppage.

- Cain takes Big Foot down and does exactly what he did last time. Cain wins in the first round.

Could this potentially be the most one-sided main and co-main event combination ever? Of course, I hope it isn't, but I think there's a good chance that these fights will be very anti-climactic.
Yes because UFC 147 never actually happened