Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > Worldwide MMA Discussion

Worldwide MMA Discussion This is the place for all non-UFC/WEC/Pride events, including Strikeforce, Affliction, HDNet Fights, Cage Rage, KOTC, ROTR, Shooto, and the like.

Old 06-17-2014, 06:36 PM   #71
MindOverMuscle

Blue Belt

vCash: 500
While I do think the sport should be regulated for everyone's safety, I think Frye is talking about the perspective of a fighter. They shouldn't be worried about things like that, if you're the better fighter you will find a way to win. But nowadays we have fighters complaining about being 1-2lbs over, grabbing shorts and little stuff like that. Of course there should be rules, and they should be strictly enforced as well. However it seems like everyone is always blaming something else for the reason they lost: "he was slippery", "he grabbed my shorts", etc. Sometimes these things do have big outcomes on a fight, but as a fighter it's just something that you have to deal with. No one wants to hear these guys complain about such little things.

HW: Ishii
MW: Okami
WW: Stun Gun
LW: Yoshida
FW: Omigawa, Hioki, KZ
BW: Tokoro, Kanehara, Kang
MindOverMuscle is offline   Reply With Quote