Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > Muay Thai and Kickboxing

Muay Thai and Kickboxing Fist and Feet Fighting Forum Discussion.

Old 02-20-2014, 09:23 PM   #11
Blobtheblobfish

Orange Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wormed View Post
Quite possibly the most annoying, entitled, whiner in fighting. As much as I respect Souwer's skills, his attitude deserves him getting an ass kicking.
Do you have any videos of him whinning? Just curious

Blobtheblobfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 10:17 PM   #12
Snubnoze707
มวยไทย

Quote:
Quite possibly the most annoying, entitled, whiner in fighting. As much as I respect Souwer's skills, his attitude deserves him getting an ass kicking.
I've actually met him in person and he was extremely kind and humble. He even signed a picture for one of my sparring partners that couldn't meet him because he was in the hospital with heart issues and he seemed legitimately concerned. Your perception of him is inaccurate. Andy is cool person in real life.

Snubnoze707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 01:58 AM   #13
Hagelslag2

Green Belt

vCash: 50
Quote:
I seriously have no idea where you base this on. Every time I've met or seen Souwer of events he was just a normal guy, except from being recognised by everyone of course. He seems to always take time to sign autographs and take pictures with fans.

Old 02-21-2014, 10:16 AM   #14
wormed

Brown Belt

I'm not talking about in person. I'm talking about within fights. Always try to call the refs on "illegal" attacks, even though they aren't, complains about decisions, and overall has a bad attitude towards fighters who he feels are less than him.

His fight against Virgil Kalakoda way back always ticked me off. He would always complain about his fights with Buakaw. Dude just needs to fight, stop caring about what his opponent is or isn't doing. My perception of him might be wrong in an "out-of-the-ring" sense, but I still perceive him- and justifiably imo- as an entitled whiner in the ring.

Old 02-21-2014, 10:58 AM   #15
FRANKIE 総統
RAINMAKER

vCash: 506
Andy has been sick lately but he keeps taking fights, he may need a break but he's not the kind of fighter to take any time off, more power to him.

さようなら ハイアン・グレイシ

リオン武
FRANKIE 総統 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:51 AM   #16
Heikki Mustola

Purple Belt

vCash: 23150
Quote:
I'm not talking about in person. I'm talking about within fights. Always try to call the refs on "illegal" attacks, even though they aren't, complains about decisions, and overall has a bad attitude towards fighters who he feels are less than him.

His fight against Virgil Kalakoda way back always ticked me off. He would always complain about his fights with Buakaw. Dude just needs to fight, stop caring about what his opponent is or isn't doing. My perception of him might be wrong in an "out-of-the-ring" sense, but I still perceive him- and justifiably imo- as an entitled whiner in the ring.
Virgil Kalakoda fight was one of my favorite K-1 fights ever. Whole first round was a highlight...

But yeah, Virgil knocked him down legit, Souwer complained and tried to insist that it wasn't a knockdown which surprised me a bit.