Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 04-30-2014, 07:37 PM   #11
Blindead

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crytek View Post
Well if that's the case then we can definitely say Werdum is not a "killer". He doesn't have the killer instinct to finish Cain, but Cain on the other hand has the killer instinct to finish Werdum. The only way he can get Cain is if he hits him with something he doesn't see coming, and he'll have to hit pretty damn hard too, but he's not known for hitting hard. So that's also questionable of Werdum.

Not only that but Cain took some shots from JDS that would kill a rhino. JDS gave Cain some elbows that made his neck and head snap back. JDS hits WAAAYY harder than Werdum too, yet Cain never flinched when he got hit, he just came forward and blasted JDS like no other. Cain never even flinched when Kongo hit him, because immediately after he was already picking Kongo up over his head and tossing him like a piece of paper.

That sure dispelled any chin myth.

Also if Cain can drop JDS, who is far more durable than Werdum, then he can probably drop Werdum very nicely lol
Werdum finished Fedor, if he can finish Fedor, he can finish anyone. Stop being ridiculous.

FW: Siver, Poirier
LW: Henderson
WW: I dunno lol
MW: Weidman, Mousasi
LHW: Hendo & Chael
HW: Overeem, Hunto
Blindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 07:41 PM   #12
Crytek

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindead View Post
Werdum finished Fedor, if he can finish Fedor, he can finish anyone. Stop being ridiculous.
What are you smoking? lol Fedor is not Cain, and Cain is not Fedor. Stop using Fedor as an example of what CAIN VELASQUEZ would do. They are very different fighters. Most here would agree that Cain would beat Fedor and could finish Fedor too. Where would that leave Werdum?. That's another thread on another day though. You think Cain is going to go out like Fedor lol You seem to think that way by default. It's irrational.

If you say that, then i'll use it against you and say that Cain has finished Bigfoot and made it look easy. While Fedor looked frail against him. See how that works? It's ridiculous isn't it? Why don't you use real common sense instead?

Stop using Fedor as an example of what Cain would do. It's lame lol.

JDS: "I've never seen such thing, it seems he [Cain] never gets tired."

DC: "Cain Is mentally the toughest guy I ever met"
Crytek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 07:58 PM   #13
Blindead

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crytek View Post
What are you smoking? lol Fedor is not Cain, and Cain is not Fedor. Stop using Fedor as an example of what CAIN VELASQUEZ would do. They are very different fighters. Most here would agree that Cain would beat Fedor and could finish Fedor too. Where would that leave Werdum?. That's another thread on another day though. You think Cain is going to go out like Fedor lol You seem to think that way by default. It's irrational.

If you say that, then i'll use it against you and say that Cain has finished Bigfoot and made it look easy. While Fedor looked frail against him. See how that works? It's ridiculous isn't it? Why don't you use real common sense instead?

Stop using Fedor as an example of what Cain would do. It's lame lol.
I didn't use Fedor as an example of anything that Cain would do, I used it to point out that it's irrational to think someone can't lose just because they've looked amazing in the past. Anything can happen in MMA. If this is all common sense then Werdum probably shouldn't have been a bigger underdog vs. Fedor than Cain, right?

FW: Siver, Poirier
LW: Henderson
WW: I dunno lol
MW: Weidman, Mousasi
LHW: Hendo & Chael
HW: Overeem, Hunto
Blindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 08:13 PM   #14
Crytek

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindead View Post
I didn't use Fedor as an example of anything that Cain would do
Blindead: "Werdum finished Fedor, if he can finish Fedor, he can finish anyone."

And if you weren't stating this as an example then you sure did a bad job at wording it When you give 'examples' like the one you just did then you can expect people to get that impression.

Quote:
its irrational to think someone can't lose just because they've looked amazing in the past.
I never said that Cain can't lose I also agree with you. Nobody is invincible, including Cain, and Werdum still has a chance. I know all of Werdum's strengths too. It would be stupid if I count him out completely. I was just talking about the differences and odds in this fight. The way it looks to 'me'. Hope that makes a little more sense =]

JDS: "I've never seen such thing, it seems he [Cain] never gets tired."

DC: "Cain Is mentally the toughest guy I ever met"
Crytek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 08:15 PM   #15
JKS

Titanium Belt

I doubt that ts

Wand
Shogun
Nog(s)
Anderson
Dos Santos
Sergei
Vitor
Barnett
Aldo
Jacare
Erick Silva
JKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 08:16 PM   #16
countswagula

Silver Belt

Nog has a decent clinch game, and he used it against Werdum.

Old 04-30-2014, 10:37 PM   #17
Taric
Belt Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by countswagula View Post
Nog has a decent clinch game, and he used it against Werdum.
Better then decent. One of the strongest in the division.

Probably the only thing he still does well.

Taric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:01 PM   #18
goodfella69
Sherdog's White Knight

vCash: 60
I don't think he held back at all against nog. nog has nice hands, and while fabricio definitely has a better standup game today, he probably remembered nog knocking him down and beating him up with pure boxing and just decided to work a different game. in a cage, facing a trained killer, fighters don't hold back out of respect.

"Jefferson, the man's won more Superbowls than I've had good days..."
~ Al Bundy, speaking about Terry Bradshaw
goodfella69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 02:43 AM   #19
moreorless87

Silver Belt

Its partly I'd say that even at aged slow Nog isn't a great style matchup standing for Werdum.

You look at fights like Nelson and Browne and Werdum had his success with a combination of exploiting there lack of a jab and vulnerability to knees/clinchwork

Equally you look at Nogs weakness in recent years and its guys with fast powerful hands who'll test his chin, whilst slow he can still work a jab reasonably well and has a pretty good MT background himself.

moreorless87 is offline   Reply With Quote