Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 01-06-2014, 10:08 AM   #51
Readybodisready

Orange Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lapollarecords View Post
do you know what KSW is and about it's popularity in Poland?
I once saw how cheese is made in factories in Poland, it was on Seasame Street. Is that enough of a qualification?

Readybodisready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 10:15 AM   #52
Danespina

Green Belt

The 6 localized asian cards and 6 localized europe cards plan on having mostly local talent. If that bugs you just stick with the 35 events that will air on US television.

Having said that, the London show looks good on paper.

Danespina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:02 PM   #53
Jocke

Brown Belt

vCash: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ughugh View Post
Ninja, please. Don't flatter yourself.

When you said "MMA fan" you were being a douche and it was certainly implied that you were more hardcore than the, I quote, "mouthbreathing nationalists" (who actually paid for the damn thing).

And I'm not worried sugarbums. Either way it's still a nonsensical argument with all the international talent we've had on display here; none of which you cared for. If you got yourself a job and/or saved up some money from your weekly allowances and actually went down to an event you wouldn't be complaining so much though. My main grief with your silly argument you see, is that you're one of those kids on swedish mma sites who did nothing but moan and rang the alarm bell and then sucked your thumb and moaned some more when the events were a success and people were thrilled about attending.

Simply put: if you don't have a ticket you don't have a vote and no one cares about what you want cause you'll never leave the basement anyways. Go ahead and stream what you want and try to keep your misery to yourself. Your alarmist floor banging and teary eyed outcries is best shared with mommy and daddy and not the mma community.

Is that ok, cutie pie?

Then in the words of DFW: "don't f-ing watch it"? You obviously don't attend ANY events with your high standards so how does your opinion even matter? They're not gonna build a UFC 100 for your personal enjoyment and if you're a mma fan they shouldn't have to.
Implied huh? That's a strong argument right there. Also, I never expected the UFC to put on the perfect show for me, I just merely pointed out what I didn't want in an event, theres a difference.

Stay mad though.

Jocke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:03 PM   #54
Jocke

Brown Belt

vCash: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by CO68 View Post
Those cards aren't nearly as bad as you make out. The 1st card in Sweden had 5 fighters who are currently ranked by the UFC, and the 2nd card would have had 4 if Gus fought. The Swedes on those cards weren't that bad, either. IINM, there's like 5 of them who are currently in the top 30 of their divisions. But whatever, you seem like some whiny emo who can only watch whatever fighters Dana White tells you to watch. God forbid you watch fighters before they become big names. I understand if you're too broke to attend, but why the need to shit all over those cards?
Oh yeah, "God forbid" I don't want to pay for anything but the best. Like I told the other guy, I'm most certainly not a "hardcore" MMA fan, so I will watch only known names thank you very much.

Jocke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:11 PM   #55
accolyte1022
Paid Zuffa Poster

vCash: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ughugh View Post
They're not numbered ppv cards. It's unreasonable to expect stacked cards top to bottom. These cards has always been about local talent and up and coming stars. There's gems to be found if you exercise your brain a little bit and search out say a Pickett or McGregor before they break through.

And yeah you're a "real" mma fan alright, unlike the nationalistic mouthbreathers who are dumb enough to attend these things, so much so that

Thiago Silva
Brian Stann
Alessio Sakara
Paulo Thiago
Siyar Bahadurzada
Dennis Siver
Diego Nunes
Brad Pickett
Cyrille Diabate
Francis Carmont
Gegard Mousasi
Ross Pearson
Matt Mitrione
Mike Easton
Diego Brandao
Robbie Peralta
Michael Johnson
Adlan Amagov
Conor McGregor
Marcus Brimage
Ryan LaFlare
Tom Lawlor

... didn't tickle your fancy enough to keep you from buying the lastest Xbox game or Fleshlight or whatever and pay for great events which also happened to support the growth of swedish MMA (and in the longrun bigger and better events and mainstream MMA coverage in Sweden overall).

A true "MMA fan" you are.

D best.

What would MMA be without fans like you?

Please do not abandon us... I beg of you.

You're legit.

Hardcore.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Damn, calm down.

-grimballer

"I think the season has been a huge success for us,"

-76ers owner Josh Harris (19-wins 63-losses)
accolyte1022 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:51 PM   #56
A Psych Major

Black Belt

I think international markets are the way to go. I think the US is becoming very sanitized and family friendly and the only reason MMA is growing as much as it is/has here is because of its novelty but I don't think that will last. I don't think it will ever be mainstream in the US but it can be fairly big while also being present in most other countries.

Old 01-06-2014, 02:00 PM   #57
Ughugh

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocke View Post
Implied huh? That's a strong argument right there. Also, I never expected the UFC to put on the perfect show for me, I just merely pointed out what I didn't want in an event, theres a difference.
You're not getting it and you wouldn't watch it if you did; let's be honest. Get over it and stop moaning. We're not your parents. Nobody cares...

Quote:
Stay mad though.
Tsk. Clearly I'm not the one crying about the cards and not having a ~$100 to spend, kid.

Quote:
Oh yeah, "God forbid" I don't want to pay for anything but the best. Like I told the other guy, I'm most certainly not a "hardcore" MMA fan, so I will watch only known names thank you very much.
It's quite a jump from "shitty swedish guys" to "d-level talent" to "only known names"? Like you didn't think this one through, did you? All you're communicating is you're broke, bitter and confused.

And again these are neither shitty or swedish or d-level talent, and yes, they are rather known too:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Thiago Silva
Brian Stann
Alessio Sakara
Paulo Thiago
Siyar Bahadurzada
Dennis Siver
Diego Nunes
Brad Pickett
Cyrille Diabate
Francis Carmont
Gegard Mousasi
Ross Pearson
Matt Mitrione
Mike Easton
Diego Brandao
Robbie Peralta
Michael Johnson
Adlan Amagov
Conor McGregor
Marcus Brimage
Ryan LaFlare
Tom Lawlor

If enjoying those fighters at a live event is your idea of being "hardcore" I would love to see what a "casual" fan looks like - I'm picturing a 350 lbs retard redneck who can't get dressed by himself and will only watch Brock vs Kimbo or The Rock. I mean... it's not like the UFC is asking you to watch two bums they've grabbed out of the audience but these are fairly known names. Nobody is asking you to be "hardcore", just to... you know... NOT be a whiny attention seeking baby...

Last edited by Ughugh; 01-06-2014 at 02:08 PM.
Ughugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:05 PM   #58
flanellograf

Silver Belt

vCash: 50
Why you always have to be so antagonistic, ugh? Can't we all of us swedes just hold hands and sing "We shall overcome"?

MVP
It's Showtime
Hespect Honda Houseys Heputation
Immortal
Thatchy Fili
Coach Bang
flanellograf is offline   Reply With Quote