Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 06-04-2014, 11:56 AM   #11
LNP 101
Banned

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherwolf View Post
All these Jones haters are blinded by the fact that Jones is asking to fight a much tougher fighter than Gus. If Gus and DC fought, do people really think Gus would win that fight? Let's not forget DC is an Olympic wrestler and we saw what Davis did to Gus. I don't see how Gus would have any chance at beating DC in any area of the fight. If Jones wants to fight someone he's never beat before, then restart wiping out his division again with Gus being 1st in line, I say let him do it.
You clearly don't pay attention to anything do you. Bringing up the fact that Gus lost to Davis is like bringing up the fact that Rashad almost lost to Tito. Fighters get better. The Gus from back then isn't the same Gus of now. He's astronomically better.

It's funny how you and JBJ are hyping up DC but a couple months JBJ himself said DC isn't worthy of a title shot and how he would walk through Gus again. Now that DC's knees are bothering, JBJ wants to fight DC and tells Gus to hit the road. JBJ obviously fears and is ducking Gus. I know it. You know it. JBJ knows it. My mother who thinks the UFC is WWF even knows it. Get over it. Your idol JBJ is a scared p*ss. If it walks like a duck. Quacks like a duck. Runs away because it's scared like a duck. Then mofo, it's a damn duck!

LNP 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:57 AM   #12
Crimson Fury
Elijah Modnar

I could see Cormier beating both Gus and Jones which might force them to move up to HW where they belong so they can get mauled by Cain.

So when the Devil wants to dance with you, you better say never,
Because a dance with the Devil might last you forever.
Crimson Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:58 AM   #13
AOTB

Orange Belt

It's entirely possible that they ALL lose to DC.

Either way, having Gus, and Cormier up there with Jones makes this the most interesting light HW title picture in years.

AOTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:59 AM   #14
ReadWrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilKO View Post
Gus would beat Jones. Again. If he didn't duck. Again.
The UFC needs to fine Jones $50,000 every day for not signing the fight contract with Gus.

A champion ducking opponents dilutes the UFC brand.

He's holding the UFC hostage.

Jones: "You stole something from me, and I want it back."
Gus: "What's that?"
Jones: "My soul."
ReadWrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 12:00 PM   #15
JRodMike

Yellow Belt

Everyone loses to DC except Cain. That's a draw.

JRodMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 12:15 PM   #16
aModerateThreat

Purple Belt

dc would beat gus up.

spread love, but dont forget fuck em
aModerateThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 12:15 PM   #17
Rag1ngBull
Banned

Gus cant beat neither DC or Jones. I think DC kills him and Jones beats him bad in a rematch. If that happens i dont know what will be the move for gus.

Rag1ngBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:07 PM   #18
textwarrior

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherwolf View Post
All these Jones haters are blinded by the fact that Jones is asking to fight a much tougher fighter than Gus. If Gus and DC fought, do people really think Gus would win that fight? Let's not forget DC is an Olympic wrestler and we saw what Davis did to Gus. I don't see how Gus would have any chance at beating DC in any area of the fight. If Jones wants to fight someone he's never beat before, then restart wiping out his division again with Gus being 1st in line, I say let him do it.
Dont forget what Gus did to Jones. Jones couldn't take Gus down...only once. Joe said 9 attempts failed, only, the 10th one was a success. However, immediately, Gus got up after the take down.

I watched the fight a second time. The first time I thought Gus could of got the win. However, the second time, I gave the edge to Jones.

Gus feet are slower, thats why he moved so much which takes away cardio. However, Gus has better punches. The left of Gus was landing and so were his right haymakers. In the 3rd round, after Gus landed a haymaker, then, Gus started landing more. Gus was in Jones head at that moment. However, there was nothing Jones could do to Gus other than having to strike with him. What I think Gus learned, is how he expended so much energy running around cause he thought Jones would take him down. However, in the 3rd round, Gus moved only when needed, and showed he could conserve his energy.

Jones kicks are much faster. Jones didn't show head movement like he did against Glover. Jones could of kicked Gus front leg at will more IMO. At the 2 round, Jones already looked tired. However, in the 4th things changed. Jones imo, learned how to clinch and elbow Gus in the later rounds when Gus is tired. But his spinning elbows had a very low percentage. Jones looked clinch focused against Gus.

Who wins in the rematch?

I wouldn't compare the Gus against phil davis as the Gus of today. Thats a joke cause he is clearly much better. Against DC, well, thats a whole other story.

In the rematch, I see Gus having more new offensive tools while Jones will have better defensive tools. Jones will be playing a better defense. I think Gus can take it. to him in a new way. I see Jones losing to Gus based on what to expect next with added new tools for both based on the first fight. But, Jones, is getting better. I liked his head movement against glover. I think head movement would work so well against Gus. I see Gus pulling it off. Perhaps Jones's reaction to the rematch only confirms this. I think Jones felt he needs to add more tools but doesn't have them.

textwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote