Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > Ask The Fighters

Ask The Fighters Got a question about the sport or a particular fighter? Ask them.

Old 01-08-2014, 08:43 AM   #11
retrotoons

White Belt

vCash: 500
Hello everyone, my sincerest apologies for the late reply

Oh man, I'm now stuck between Bulldog Gyms: Parramatta for MT + other trainings (do they allow cross training?) and Balmain (relatively easier to reach than Pmta)
and FF Blacktown.

if I aim for MT only, do you think that Bulldog Gym Balmain and FF Blacktown are evenly matched?

Edit: Legacy MA Chippendale is easiest to reach, I suppose I'll have to read reviews and attend a few trial classes.

Last edited by retrotoons; 01-08-2014 at 09:09 AM.
retrotoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:52 AM   #12
Erdz

Blue Belt

I have no idea how good Bulldog gym Balmain is, they don't have as many well known fighters as the other gyms, however that's not saying that they don't have good training, it seems like a good environment.

Bulldog Gym Castle hill has more Muay Thai fighters then Bulldog gym Parramatta. However not much cross fit options at Bulldog gym Castle Hill.

Bulldog gym Parra has good Muay Thai training, it's hard to hold as many good fighters that Castle Hill and FF Blacktown has because a lot of Bulldog Gym Parra is emphasized on other martial arts as well.
This gym has more cross fit training then you'll need, family like place. First class is free.
The Muay Thai trainer and gym owner is Tim Fisher, he's lived and trained in Thailand for many years and is a good trainer.
Ben Sandejas is a good fighter and trainer from this gym, as well as Joep who has fought Kickboxing in Holland for many years.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ben-S...16453418431751
That's his facebook and it seems he's been to Castle Hill gym with James Tehuna as well, don't have much info on where abouts he trains now.

Full Force Blacktown.
Is the friendliest environment, but there's no two ways about it, those guys are bangers. Go there if you want to learn only Muay Thai. Free 5 day trial https://www.facebook.com/fullforcegy...35880406618096

Unless you want to truly get as good as possible in Muay Thai, or train hard, see how you go and maybe fight Muay Thai in the future, I would recommend BG Parramatta, is priced slightly higher then the other gyms each month, but that's because they have more trainers then the others, that covers other martial arts. Another thing you can take into consideration is that if you have a banged up leg or something then you can practice other martial arts, which could be the case if you kick the heavy bags enough times on the shins (recommended).

If you do trial some of these places, try and choose a place that emphasizes least on bag work.

Erdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 08:36 AM   #13
retrotoons

White Belt

Thank you sir, I really appreciate it
I just recovered from my shoulder injury (hence the absence) so I will be going to BG Pmta hopefully soon!

retrotoons is offline   Reply With Quote