Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > The Wasteland

The Wasteland Pro Wrestling, Fantasy Matchups, Rehashed MMA, Chat threads, etc.

Old 01-19-2014, 06:12 PM   #201
ThunderStruck

Black Belt

vCash: 500
GSP did way better than Hendricks against Condit and Kos. So the answer to this thread is no.

ThunderStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:15 PM   #202
BGDDYKWL

Brown Belt

I don't think GSP's been the same after the surgery. Still great, but not quite as great. I do think Hendricks is better now and very possibly has been for a year or two. Prime vs. prime I'd still take GSP.

BGDDYKWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:24 PM   #203
chinarice

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamStryker View Post
Hendricks will be champ for at least a little while. He beat GSP to hell when GSP said in his own words that he fought "at his best".
His current 100% is not as good as before. It's quite obvious, if you pay attention to his fights, post-ACL surgery

FW: Aldo
LW: Pettis
WW: Hendricks
MW: Weidman
LHW: Jones
HW: Velasquez
chinarice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:25 PM   #204
ThunderStruck

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cage917r View Post
Well since Hendricks lost to GSP, I'd say no. I'd also point out that Hendricks was blowing it versus Condit and likely would have lost a five rounder to him, and GSP beat Condit in a five rounder. Oh, and when Hendricks KO'd both Kos and Fitch they were on the downside of the their career. Do I need to continue? I didn't think so...
Agree with everything you said but i need to correct you : Hendricks didn't KO Kos, he won a very close split decision if i remember correctly.

ThunderStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:31 PM   #205
forzaitalia

Purple Belt

vCash: 200
Yup hendricks beating kos and Fitch after GSP took their souls clearly means he's better.

I wouldn't say GSP took Condits soul, but he clearly dominated him... Did Hendricks?

People act like hendricks is the second coming, why?Since he had a step up in competition, so his last six figures starting with Pierce, he has been involved in four decisions, three of which were splits. Oh and one of those split decisions was a loss, so.....

"The only freak show is between my legs"
-James Toney
forzaitalia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:46 PM   #206
CJrider

Purple Belt

No. He wasn't even better than him when they fought. GSP edged 3 rounds and Hendricks dominated the other 2, he can think what he wants but he lost the MMA fight. Hard to call him the better man when he lost.

CJrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:53 PM   #207
forzaitalia

Purple Belt

vCash: 200
Hendricks is either a liar or an excuse maker.

Says he'll knock out GSP, doesn't, then says he wasn't trying to. Then says he went 70%and that it was the hand wrappings fault.

Meanwhile Gsp actually has a reason for him slowing down and lacking his explosiveness, you know, that major knee surgery he had and the rehab after, but he didn't use it.

"The only freak show is between my legs"
-James Toney
forzaitalia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:01 AM   #208
BoobsAndBeer

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmonsta View Post
No it's Madison ivy
WAR to her then.

Old 01-23-2014, 04:31 AM   #209
YesYesYes88

vCash: 633
No, NO and NO. GSP of old before his ACL surgery ruins Hendricks. Easy 50-45 decision. You can clearly see GSP's athletism, explosiveness, strength and agility clearly regressed after he came back. GSP of UFC 100 and before ruins Hendricks.

Old 01-23-2014, 06:10 AM   #210
randumo24

Blue Belt

I don't know why a lot of people think KO'ing someone is more dominant than any decision. The fact that GSP was able to go in & dominate all the great fighters he fought every round is more impressive than a flash KO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Silva View Post
GSP lost to Matt Serra so yes there is an evolution curve..
GSP only lost to Serra because he was so distracted from his father dying 2 days before the fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Silva View Post
Oh OK so ....you are forgetting the fact that every major mma news outlet had Hendricks winning? Including the entire UFC top brass and at least 90% of active fighters?
Sorry to burst your bubble, but Dana said he thought GSP won once he went back and rewatched the fight. People's opinions in the heat of the moment aren't always accurate.