Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > The Wasteland

The Wasteland Pro Wrestling, Fantasy Matchups, Rehashed MMA, Chat threads, etc.

Old 01-06-2014, 06:29 PM   #21
adudeapart

Orange Belt

vCash: 500
Good god these troll threads are getting stale, but I'm bored so I'll bite. The UFC is planning on having roughly 50 cards this year. Odds are when you are having cards in Duluth GA, Macau, and Glasgow you are absolutely going to be filling these cards with depth fighters and hopefully getting a solid headliner as a bonus. Most if not all of the fighters getting heat on Sherdog for not being cut are put on free cards and preliminaries. Ideally the UFC would have much fewer events, however I doubt they stop their aggressive scheduling anytime soon. With that said sit back and enjoy the free fights being given, if not don't watch those particular fights if you don't want to.

adudeapart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:34 PM   #22
kdday

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourfatherII View Post
Lol. We are on a discussion forum right? I am complaining, I literally buy every single UFC PPV, I am entitled to discuss the quality of the product. I love the UFC, they have the best fighters, I really hate Joe Silva, he sucks.
i agree with this whole heartedly and now were going to be paying for prelims i dont wanna turds on there either

i havent missed an event since lidell ortiz 2

kdday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:12 PM   #23
5Rounder

Purple Belt

I'm a fan of the 3 in a row and you're done rule, at least it gives fighters some certainty.

5Rounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:58 PM   #24
ebartlett84

Red Belt

vCash: 50
I saw this guy make his professional debut.

Had no idea he'd be where he is now.

ebartlett84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:26 PM   #25
YourfatherII

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by That209 View Post
You're a fuckin fool.

I'd love to see you try to put together good fights. You have to take rankings into consideration, fighters who just had a fight, whether they won or lost, injuries, if a fighter is already scheduled for a fighter in the near future, etc.

You think it's just "I'm gonna get this guy to fight this guy, there, done". No, it doesn't work like that. There's fighters that will complain about certain matchups and won't sign contracts and shit too and that causes problems. Look at Vitor for example, he denied how many fights and sat out for a little while, that was probably a headache for Joe Silva, Dana and the rest of the guys working behind doors for the UFC.

You're the type of guy I'd enjoy watching Dana tear to shreds on Twitter and then you'd rage to him about to the point you have tears in your eyes like the child you are.

You're looking at the negative side of things, like I said - you can't stay consistently awesome for 20 years straight. There's tons of fighters that you and I have never heard of and I bet if you had Joe Silva's job and had a bunch of fighters that you never seen before or heard of, you'd have no idea what the fuck to do.

I bet you're one of those people who complain about free cards and complain about cards that don't have a lot of big names on it because you won't give the new fighters a chance to establish their name and became something in the sport. I bet you're one of those people.

I bet if you were the matchmaker for the UFC, it'd end up like Bellator meaning almost every single fight is a mismatch and within a year the UFC would go bankrupt because of you doing a poor job. I don't know how that would happen, but I bet your dumbass would find a way.

Now, back to eating junk food and talking shit about how you can do a better job than Joe Silva who gave us Shogun/Hendo, Bigfoot/Hunt, Gil/Sanchez, Silva/Sonnen 1, Lesnar/Carwin, Cain/JDS 1,2,3, Couture/Nogueira, etc.

I bet if you were the UFC's matchmaker you'd make Cain vs. Schaub because you have no idea what the fuck you're doing.

If anybody's a pathetic loser, it's you for making these bullshit claims on how good you'd be as a matchmaker. Now, get out of here with your nonsensical garbage.
Lol. That was the most garbage rant I have ever read. You just got angry and assumed a bunch of things and proposed match ups I would make. I for one like bellator too, tournament style match ups are awesome. Sure there are intricacies in every job, Id rise to the occasion. This thread is about Neil magny btw, stfu.

YourfatherII is offline   Reply With Quote