Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 04-17-2014, 05:51 PM   #31
StoicSD

Orange Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKS View Post
There another thread about this as well…..taking some good points from there….

Cain right now is in a good direction to getting there. Fedor was undefeated for 29 fights and was on top for 7 years. Cain does not have to that cause he's fighting top guys all the time. But he does have to win 4/5 title defences IMO and he's going to be a clear HW GOAT.

Only problem I see for Cain is that he does have that loss to JDS….granted he avenged BIG TIME….its still a loss and in his prime. Right now that loss doesnt mean that much cause he's on a destructive path. But if he does lose a fight coming up, that really takes him of that path. It would really disrupt things for him beconing HW GOAT
Undeniably, but is there any question the guy was genuinely injured, I think a lot of people agree that it factors in.

StoicSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:19 PM   #32
JKS

Titanium Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoicSD View Post
Undeniably, but is there any question the guy was genuinely injured, I think a lot of people agree that it factors in.
You mean the JDS fight he was coming of injury??? Sure, but these days we can't really validate losses based on that. Fighters come of injuries, surgeries, lay offs all the time and its just part of the game. Sometimes they win and sometimes they lose…..Weidman came of a serious injury and knocked Anderson out for example….Cain lost the fight. But he avenged that loss twice so it sort of clears him of that.

Ultimately it comes down to the fans and media that dictate who the greatest are. And if Cain continues to dominate that loss won't mean much. But if he loses again, they can just use that against him. Fans and media can spin things in different ways.

Wand
Shogun
Nog(s)
Anderson
Dos Santos
Sergei
Vitor
Barnett
Aldo
Jacare
Erick Silva
JKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:25 PM   #33
StoicSD

Orange Belt

Quote:
You mean the JDS fight he was coming of injury??? Sure, but these days we can't really validate losses based on that. Fighters come of injuries, surgeries, lay offs all the time and its just part of the game. Sometimes they win and sometimes they lose…..Weidman came of a serious injury and knocked Anderson out for example….Cain lost the fight. But he avenged that loss twice so it sort of clears him of that.

Ultimately it comes down to the fans and media that dictate who the greatest are. And if Cain continues to dominate that loss won't mean much. But if he loses again, they can just use that against him. Fans and media can spin things in different ways.
He did lose.......IT JUST FUCKING HURTS SO MUCH!!!

Old 04-17-2014, 06:34 PM   #34
JKS

Titanium Belt

Quote:
He did lose.......IT JUST FUCKING HURTS SO MUCH!!!

Yeah….but he avenged those losses pretty good. Think thats bad….try being a fan of Shogun, Nog, Wand and Anderson that past 2 years lol.

I personally don't see Cain losing to any HW aside JDS. There is the odd chance that Werdum may sub him, or Browne/Overeem can land a KO punch. But I think HW will finally have its dominant UFC champ at HW.

Wand
Shogun
Nog(s)
Anderson
Dos Santos
Sergei
Vitor
Barnett
Aldo
Jacare
Erick Silva
Old 04-17-2014, 07:07 PM   #35
StoicSD

Orange Belt

Quote:
Yeah….but he avenged those losses pretty good. Think thats bad….try being a fan of Shogun, Nog, Wand and Anderson that past 2 years lol.

I personally don't see Cain losing to any HW aside JDS. There is the odd chance that Werdum may sub him, or Browne/Overeem can land a KO punch. But I think HW will finally have its dominant UFC champ at HW.
Sheesh you are carrying quite the cross my friend, and with pain I tell you I believe the next two years will be even darker, except possibly for Anderson and Shogun I believe they still have more in them than they get credit for.

Old 04-17-2014, 07:12 PM   #36
JKS

Titanium Belt

Quote:
Sheesh you are carrying quite the cross my friend, and with pain I tell you I believe the next two years will be even darker, except possibly for Anderson and Shogun I believe they still have more in them than they get credit for.
Well….Nog is pretty much finished now, I think one or two more retirement, come out on top fights for him. Wand is really just fun fights.

I think Shogun and Anderson still have something left, same with Barnett and Rogerio. I got Aldo, Barao, JDS, Erick Silva….for the future.

Wand
Shogun
Nog(s)
Anderson
Dos Santos
Sergei
Vitor
Barnett
Aldo
Jacare
Erick Silva
Old 04-17-2014, 07:16 PM   #37
StoicSD

Orange Belt

Quote:
Well….Nog is pretty much finished now, I think one or two more retirement, come out on top fights for him. Wand is really just fun fights.

I think Shogun and Anderson still have something left, same with Barnett and Rogerio. I got Aldo, Barao, JDS, Erick Silva….for the future.
Same here....and I will assume you accidentally overlooked Pettis sir.

Old 04-20-2014, 06:08 PM   #38
StoicSD

Orange Belt

That's what I thought.

Old 04-20-2014, 06:16 PM   #39
Ziggyjuarez

Yellow Belt

He gos too hard, TOOooo hard.